Boho chic

Maryanna
Maryanna Posts: 1
edited July 27 in Design Questions

What does boho chic mean to you? For me I think it means eclectics and unusual style with one-of-a-kind casual pieces and earthly materials like free flowing fabrics.. But I’m not sure now because I’m seeing a lot of styled rooms in turquoise and orange, which is not my color scheme and reminds me more of Southwest style.

Comments

• abbystar
    abbystar Posts: 2

To me, "boho chic" is mainly boho but a bit more luxurious. Like at its core it's boho but it still feels refined to inspire the "chic." If I were to design a boho chic room I would keep the color palate very neutral and focus on combining different textures and fabrics. Definitely would play with natural materials and incorporate some fun decor pieces.

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

I think of rattan, natural fibers like jute, antique rugs, funky paisley and other patterned fabrics, and plants, plants, plants! I feel like white walls are often the hallmark of this style, and any colors can be accents. Teal/turquoise and orange do feel Southwestern to me as well, but I think you could do “boho chic” with these colors if you wanted!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Agree with the above! Natural materials, mixing of patterns, and lots of plants. Color-wise, I think of mustardy/orangey colors, teal, and sage green