Do you have a pet-friendly decor strategy?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

edited July 19 in Design Questions

Do you have a pet-friendly decor strategy? Share pictures of how you've made your home comfortable for your furry friends!

Comments

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

Every pet is different.

That said, in the case of my cats (the current one and his predecessors), I leave windowsills empty (he likes to look at the birds), I have a low vintage living room set (my senior kitties loved it), he has a little angled bin for toys, and he has several places where he can hide when he wants to.

I also keep certain things put away so he won’t chew them.

• Cheri
    Cheri Posts: 19

I keep a throw, that matches the decor in my bedroom, in a basket near the foot of the bed. When we go to bed (my chihuahua mix with long black and some brown hair sleeps on my bed - she won't have it any other way) I pull out the throw and spread it on top of my bedding. Yucky dog hair stays on the throw and off my bedspread. I put the throw away when I make the bed in the morning and the throw can go into the washing machine on Saturday. I keep a couple in reserve just in case I get lazy - I roll them and keep them at the foot of the bed in a fabric basket that also matches my room. My dog thinks she's a princess, but doesn't even realize I've outsmarted her on this one small level.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

I try to find comfy dog beds that match my home decor. I also like to keep a few woven baskets around the house filled with her toys so she doesn't have to wander back and forth to find her favorite toys. It also doubles as great storage because before her toys were all over the place 😊