Luggage storage

I have small-medium closets, but luggage takes up a lot of space. What are strategies for storing luggage? Does anyone feel they're isn't enough closet space for luggage?

Comments

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

There's never enough space for luggage! I try to store on the highest-up shelf in my closet. I used to store under my bed, though. I also store stuff inside of the luggage!

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

My luggage won’t fit under my bed. I store the carryon tote inside the rolling suitcase and keep them on the top shelf in the closet.

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

Ugh @Alltimatepacker I struggle with this, too! I used to keep my suitcases on the highest shelf in my front closet, but that wasn't working. I recently reorganized the entire closet so that my suitcases could be on the ground, front and center, easy to wheel in and out, and even though it was a headache, it's made my travel days so much less stressful. I think my answer is… organize your closet around your suitcases? Even if that feels dramatic? I do, however, nest my suitcases and even keep some clothes in the smallest one in wintertime. (Pressed for storage here in NYC!)

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304
    edited July 19

There's never enough space for it all! Similar to @SarahEverett, I keep my luggage on the ground in my closet — and I use it to store other bags/random bulky things I don't use as frequently. It's not the most ideal situation, but it's way easier for me to roll it out from the closet, empty the bag, and get packing for my trip!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

I agree with @SarahEverett ! I keep my luggage on the ground in my closet and store winter coats in there during the summer months and then put my dresses/lightweight clothing there in the winter. I only have one closet and it's super narrow so this has been the best solution so far!

• MaryB
    MaryB Posts: 34

I’m fortunate to have a storage locker at my condo. I do pack all suitcases in the big one. Storage locker bursting at the seems. Next organizing/decluttering chore.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

I do this too! Storing things inside luggage and putting them away on a top shelf or down below under a bed has worked for me. I also try to keep all travel-related gear nearby so I know where everything is before my next trip.