ideas on how to add a pop of color

jim7153
jim7153 Posts: 5

Hi! I am looking for a way to add a pop of color to this area where we have coffee in the morning. And ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 112

Expert

@jim7153 this looks like such a relaxing spot to start your day! I love the green in the chairs, and I feel like you could lean into that with a bright green bistro table between them. (Another option: go for complementary colors like blue or yellow.)

Another option is to add in something like a ceramic garden stool, which you could use as either a primary or secondary table in here.

• jim7153

I really like the ceramic garden stool option. Thanks for the suggestion!

• jilldotcom
    jilldotcom Posts: 1

a colorful outdoor rug would be great! or even just a neutral one to add more visual interest.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 167

Expert

what a wonderful outdoor seating area, @jim7153! I agree with @jilldotcom I think a colorful outdoor rug would look incredible here. if you're looking for some color, I found this awesome blue option from Walmart. however, they have a neutral outdoor rug, too, that's just as gorgeous! please share what you end up doing with the space 😃

• allisonjean
    allisonjean Posts: 2

so cute! can you pain the window trim at all?

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 71

Expert

How about some colorful plants, too?! Or you could consider painting some of your plant pots!

• AmritaThakkar
    AmritaThakkar Posts: 28

Expert

Agree with @AdrienneBreaux here — I recently bought a little purple passion plant and it adds the perfect pop of color!

• Cheri
    Cheri Posts: 20 ✭✭

How about some bright lumbar support pillows on the chairs?

• jim7153

Good idea. But this trim color exists in many other areas of the house.

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

I agree with everyone above that a rug, pillows, and planters are all great go-tos for adding color. Last time I was in Terrain, I saw these colored lights I loved — I could easily see these hanging overhead in this cute little corner you've created!

• SofiaRivera
    SofiaRivera Posts: 21

Expert

Love the idea of adding in some patio lights! I also adore a good indoor-outdoor lamp — I got this one on sale last time I was at IKEA, but for a little pop of color, I think these ones from MOMA Design Store (one of my faves) are so cute

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

@jim7153 In a case like this - easy - I'd go for a colorful outdoor rug like these from Annie Selke.. I have one right now on my porch. Magic.

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 53

A catchy colorful rug or a tablecloth, for starters?

• DesignwithSoll
    DesignwithSoll Posts: 12

How about some orange seat cushions and add one or more colorful vases on the table? Maybe red+yellow vases to bring some contrasting colors for the muted greens?

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 66

Expert

+1 to colorful cushions or pillows! i love that so many brands have such cute outdoor-friendly ones nowadays. the chairs themselves are SO cute that i wouldn't to cover them up too much, but i think something like this would pop really nicely against the green

• Roomtalk
    Roomtalk Posts: 3

"pops" ca be overrated, would the area seem more defined with one or 2 large plants in nice pots, between the seating and your windows?

• Ctorres
    Ctorres Posts: 1

A colorful outdoor rug and some colorful flower pots to create a warm & cozy feel

• jasmin1393
    jasmin1393 Posts: 3
    edited September 24

Hi! Adding a pop of color to your coffee area sounds like a wonderful idea! You could try incorporating vibrant cushion covers with bold patterns or bright hues to instantly liven up the space. Accent rugs, wall art, or colorful tableware can also help create a cheerful and cozy vibe. Would love to hear how it turns out!