Styling plants

valayiajs
valayiajs Posts: 3
edited July 14 in Design Questions

I am looking for tips on how to design a plan room. I see a lot of inspiration online, but it's usually for smaller plants or hanging/trailing plants. Most of my plants are over 2 feet tall, so using bookcases isn't feasible. I am looking for suggestions to store as many plants as possible while still having access, meaning I don't have to move several plants to get to one. I am thinking of using floating shelves hung a couple of feet off of the ground

Comments

• Bananneka
    Bananneka Posts: 1

floating shelves sounds great. Not sure how many you have but I also like getting plant stands of different heights to layer them in groups. Some of the tiered plant stands might also work, but sounds like some of your plants may be a bit large for them

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

This is a LITTLE wild, but what about a hanging shelf that's on a pulley system? So you could have a long shelf that is a bit higher up on the wall that you can "pull" down when you need to water the plants, but then have them hang up higher and give you more room for plants underneath it? This is a very expensive example, but like they have hanging drying racks on pulleys that you can purchase… I wonder if there's something similar or a DIY option? There are examples of people doing this in their real homes! Like this tour. But they also have long watering hose/attachments that could help you reach plants that are higher up rather than bring them to you! Please share photos when you have them!

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

@valayiajs I like the idea of putting in different levels of floating shelves as in the pics I found below, but it can be a lot of work… Done well, it will be beautiful however. It could also cost a bunch… another approach would be to get multi level shelves that layer back as in the last pic… from Amazon..

• stanherbo
    stanherbo Posts: 1

Having your plants on different levels is a great idea for sure. I really like the pics from MaxwellRyan looks neat, reminds me of the plants I got from this shop.

You could separate plants from different sizes and put them together ?

• valayiajs
    valayiajs Posts: 3

Thank you so much. I love this! I have a similar ladder plant stand that costs more, but I like the aesthetic of this one better, so I definitely will purchase it and I love the floating shelves with the wood strips behind. Yes, it will be some work, but I am on my 4th redesign of my plant room. Each time I think it's what I want, then I live with it for a couple of months and realize it isn't the vibe I want. Thank you again!!!

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

You should probably just visualize the options you have. Recreate your space in 3d (something like planner5d will work just fine) or just sketch it.