What are your favorite ways to add color to your walls (sans paint)?

SofiaRivera
SofiaRivera Posts: 14

Expert

edited July 2 in Design Questions

I have this big blank wall in my hallway, and I want to add some color but in a renter-friendly way. I'm thinking of installing a picture rail to hang a tiered gallery wall, but would love any ideas on how to jazz up a blank wall without a paint brush!

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317
    edited June 28

Oh I love a good picture rail! @DanielleBlundell calls it out in her article, but Mallory Fletchall uses this in her space, and I love it. This would look great in your hallway! My favorite way to add color to a space without painting is through artwork and books. I just installed these IKEA bookshelves in my living room (these probably jut out a bit too much for a hallway) and have been having fun playing around with colorful coffee table books and different types of decor!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Consider removable wall paper too! There are so many brands/options out there, just check the reviews for use and remove-ability. Many have recommended Rebel Walls to me. I haven't gotten one myself yet, but all the postive recs bode well!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

May I also say I'm obsessed with your dark doors and copper tin ceilings!! Gorgeous details!

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

What about some lovely colorful hanging tapestries?

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

@SofiaRivera your apartment is gorgeous! I feel like these entryway walls are begging for some peel-and-stick wallpaper! I used some from Wayfair in my rental apartment and it came off so easily without damaging the walls!