Entryway

Anuca
Anuca Posts: 11 ✭✭

After some years thinking what to do with the walls here, I decided to paint them instead of wallpaper them. I used water-based paint. I also upholstered the old school chair with a vintage fabric. So Happy with the result!

Comments

• DesignwithSoll
    DesignwithSoll Posts: 12

Love this space!

• ApartmentTherapy
    ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

wow, what an incredible end result! 🤩 How long did it take and how did you decide on colors?

Just a tip: If you edit your post and add your photos using the "upload image" button instead of the "paperclip" icon it will show a preview of your image and help more people see it!

• Anuca

Thank you for the tip! I'll do It that way next time. It took me a whole weekend. About the colors, I usually like neutral tones, so, in the beginning I planned to paint them all in the sand tone. But when I started to paint I thought about adding some colors (my favourite ones) to match the rest of the decor and make it a happy place.

• lesanchee
    lesanchee Posts: 1

stunning!!!

• mlg6k
    mlg6k Posts: 2

I love this! I've also done the painted wallpaper look, but I really LOVE this one! I'm curious how you got the lines so straight? We're moving soon and I want to overhaul

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

Wow!!! What an incredible job! Do you know what the paint colors are offhand?

What was your process for this? It looks like it took a ton of work and time! It's so gorgeous. I'm impressed!!

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

@Anuca Here are your photos visible. Lovely job… and do you have have BEFORE pics? This would be lovely to show on AT as a Before and After…

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

@Anuca love this! So creative! I also love all these animal decor pieces you have.

• Anuca

Here you can see how it looked before and the process. I just started with the first row and continued... As the idea was not meant to be an exact pattern, there was not pressure to make it look perfect. After I painted some squares, I stepped back to figure out the rest and so on. It was time-consuming but not too difficult. I used water based paint: chalk paint and acrylic paint I had from other projects, so budget friendly!

• Anuca
    edited June 7

Here you can see how it looked before and the process. As the pattern was not meant to be exact, it was not too difficult, though it was time-consuming. After I painted some squares I stepped back to figure out the rest and so on. I used water-based paint, chalk paint and acrylic paint I had from other projects. So budget friendly!

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

This is just so fun! I'm inspired. Sometimes choosing wallpaper can be so overwhelming. Going to consider trying this!

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

@Anuca, how did you keep the paint squares so straight and level? did you use tape first? Or any lines?

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Just here to say WOW! The level of precision 👏 also that blue sconce is so good. I love your style!

• Anuca

Thank you, I did not use tape or lines, just the same paint brush to try to make them as similar as possible, and that's it

• Anuca

Two different perspectives of the same space. I started to paint the squares here, in the narrow parts, this way it was easier to continue.