ISO bedroom accent wall ideas

AdrienneBreaux
AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

edited July 2 in Design Questions

I gave my boyfriend full decorating power in our bedroom… and he chose to paint our walls white! After getting him to paint the ceiling a soothing green, the design's been stuck in a pretty minimal spot since then. He LOVES how empty it is, whereas I'm dying to add more things in. I've finally got him on board with the idea of possibly adding a painted pattern on the wall behind our bed in the same white but a different finish (like glossy) or a slightly different white/ivory/cream color. What do you all think? 1. If we do paint a pattern, should we do a different off-white color or the same color in a different finish?

2. And if we do paint a pattern, what kind of pattern should we choose?

Other ideas are welcome, but he LOVES how empty and calm the space is, so whatever idea it is needs to be plain. Also ignore the pillow's weirdness; I had used object eraser on my phone to remove a piece of dirty clothing for the photo and it made a weird shadow hah.

Comments

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

I love your bedroom @AdrienneBreaux! would you consider painting stripes to play off the lamp shade or do you think that'd be too overpowering? 🧐

• AdrienneBreaux

Expert

@CullenOrmond oh hmm… you know I hadn't ever thought about stripes! I think my instinct is too do a different pattern but let me think on that. What if I did REALLY thick stripes…

• Rachel
    Rachel Posts: 15 ✭✭

I can't get enough of the hand-drawn moulding look lately, and it could be so cool if done in a glossy vs. matte or tone-on-tone finish!

• AdrienneBreaux

Expert

omg @Rachel yes!!! that's such a good idea!

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

I like @Rachel 's idea, especially if it created a mock headboard sort of thing. I am more of a maximalist but I agree w/ your bf… it's so nice and calm (and still has personality)!!