Dean at Project Nest's Profile
|Display Name:||Dean at Project Nest|
@laurabelk & @rmlesq: Mixing fixture finishes wasn't our first choice but we did it for 2 reasons. First, budget. As Holiday05 surmised, although we renovated the bath on a set budget, the renovation was not cheap overall ($14,000). About 1/3 of our budget was paid to our plumber and electrician to move fixtures around and bring the electrical work up to code. We also had to demo a large portion of the plaster walls and old bead board wainscot so we had a great deal of gyp board work and patching to close the space up. Finally we lowered the ceiling (from 12.5’ to 11’) to add a mechanical fan and had to frame and gyp that as well. With all of this additional work just to change the layout to make it more functional, we had to find creative ways to make everything else cheaper; we couldn’t spend the $$$ on the fixtures we really wanted. Secondly, we used a polished chrome faucet in our powder room that we added to our apartment earlier in the year and it is always covered in fingerprints. That annoys us terribly so we wanted to use a finish that is more resistant to fingerprints. The faucets are satin nickel but their finish is darker than normal satin nickel and in the photo (and somewhat in real life) the finish looks almost like brushed nickel.
Before & After: Andi & Dean's Master Bath on a Budget
|9/30/11 01:01 PM|