Lara

Greensboro, North Carolina

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

One. Me, plus a 135 lb Great Dane.

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

It uses space SO well: ridiculous amount of cabinet and counter space, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven, awesome lighting, and some cool old features from 1926, in 70'.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

Fitting everything in! Under the counter appliances are awesome - my kitchen manages to pack in a tiny dishwasher, freezer, refrigerator, and a clothes processor (don't recommend it for washing any serious quantity of clothes, but it is definitely a space saver). Plus, I have more counter and cabinet space than I will ever need.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Although it doesn't involve cooking, you just can't beat tomatoes and mozzarella from the farmers' market (in walking distance) with basil grown on the fire escape. I live on it in the summertime!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (6)

Thanks! That's the vent from the hood over the stove. It is vented through the transom window over the back door.

posted by kittykatz on July 20, 2011 at 12:30pm
view kittykatz's profile

Neat work, Lara! What is the long pipe/duct running below the ceiling and through the door?

posted by librarianarpita on July 20, 2011 at 12:04pm
view librarianarpita's profile

Love the window and am super jealous of the clothes processor!

posted by onebravegirl on July 20, 2011 at 4:10pm
view onebravegirl's profile

Lara, do you have an undercounter refrigerator AND a separate undercounter freezer? If so, do you mind my asking which brand/s did you purchase? I am currently going through that decision process. Great kitchen, and brilliant use of space!

posted by annecychic on July 20, 2011 at 4:24pm
view annecychic's profile

Do not be jealous of the clothes processor! Really. It is nice to get laundry done in so little space, but it does not nearly keep up with all of my laundry.

annecychic, I do have a separate refrigerator and freezer. They were really hard to show in the layout, but they are both under the same counter, facing 90 degrees apart. They are both Subzero - I can't take the credit for choosing them as they were installed by the previous owner, but I have been very happy with them. (fortunately - apparently they are pretty permanently installed under the granite, so I'm not sure what I'll do if one ever needs replacing).

posted by kittykatz on July 20, 2011 at 4:42pm
view kittykatz's profile

Responsive website templates and layouts are a disturb during present. forextrading2earnprofit

posted by janiwan on May 13, 2012 at 11:28am
view janiwan's profile