Grace

Charlotte , North Carolina

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

2: My fiancé and I (and our dog, Onyx)

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

The new kitchen design is a balance of old and modern which better suits the age of the house (it was built in the 1920’s). Taking out the divider wall and replacing the tile floor with wood to match the dining area creates one big, open and inviting space.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

There were no appliances when we moved in so while most everything was newly purchased we still wanted to maintain the old look and feel. The walls and floors are anything but straight, but some how we got the countertops level. Having done all the renovations ourselves gives us the confidence to take on any challenge.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

We cook just about every night. More recently it's been a variety of made from scratch veggie burgers.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (9)

This isn't only my favorite because it's in my home town but it is Uber COOL. Are those really wood floors? It's just delicious.

posted by Uber Tuber on July 22, 2011 at 9:44am
view Uber Tuber's profile

I LOVE it! The colors are nice and I think the wood is a beautiful touch. Great job!

posted by paigealisa on July 22, 2011 at 9:47am
view paigealisa's profile

Woah!! Way to bring the 20's into the 21st Century. Butcher block, great wood floors, classic style. Mix together and that's a recipe for one awesome kitchen! Great job Grace!

posted by The D-Man on July 22, 2011 at 9:57am
view The D-Man's profile

This is a fabulous kitchen!! Can you come renovate mine?

posted by PtPortalGal on July 22, 2011 at 12:21pm
view PtPortalGal's profile

What a beautiful kitchen!
I had the opportunity to see this home in the rough and these two have done a fantastic job. Can't wait to see what's next on the dream sheet!

posted by The House Detective of the Carolinas on July 23, 2011 at 6:32pm
view The House Detective of the Carolinas's profile

Gracie.. your kitchen is lovely.. now when you get all done please come do mine. Mine has to be a Senior Kitchen...no more high cupboards or low deep cupboards.. I love the natural wood look....congratulations you are a winner in my mind.. absolutely lovely.. keep up the good work have followed your entire renovation and love it..

posted by Barbara K. on July 24, 2011 at 3:41pm
view Barbara K.'s profile

Wow! Looks great. Very nice job.

posted by Reach on July 24, 2011 at 6:09pm
view Reach's profile

Grace's artistic side and her natural "grace" show through in this kitchen remodelling. It's both beautiful and functional. I see her mother's touch in the details. Congratulations on the successful transformation.

posted by Laura W. from Columbia on July 25, 2011 at 9:30pm
view Laura W. from Columbia's profile

Grace!!! How awesome! I want to come see this in person!!

posted by LaurenJung1 on July 25, 2011 at 9:53pm
view LaurenJung1's profile