Sabrina's Brooklyn Kitchen Built for Entertaining

Name:

Sabrina

Brooklyn, New York

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

One full-time, but my partner stays over half the week.

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

The half-fridge and half-freezer by Sub-Zero forms the base of my kitchen bar/dining table, so that I can cook and entertain dinner guests over some glasses of wine. The coveted NYC dishwasher makes clean-up a breeze. My hanging Edison lights from Schoolhouse Electric on a dimmer set just the right amount of mood.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

The previous owner had wired this kitchen with 120V for the oven. Electric ovens are all 220V, as an exhaustive search confirmed. Faced with the choice of ripping up the walls or a continued oven-free existence, we were overjoyed to find a half-size industrial strength oven by Waring, that does everything I'd want a full-size oven to do, including rotisserie. I use this thing all the time, and it requires less electricity and generates less heat than a full size oven. We added some bottom drawers and shelving from IKEA to fill up the rest of the space.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Right now, I'm on a quiche kick, down to making the whole-wheat crust in my new food processor. I am awash in home-grown tomatoes from my terrace, so those are finding their way into my quiches!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (0)