Kelly's Bright Double Green Kitchen

Name:

Kelly Deen

Seattle, Washington

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

1 Professional Chef - 1 Professional Eater - 1 Hungry Mutt (i.e. 2 Adults and 1 Dog)

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

Our double "green" kitchen is bright (really really bright) and open. It is easy on the eyes, easy to cook in, easy to entertain in, and easy to clean. It is not only green in color, it was built green too!

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

Our kitchen is right next to our tiny living area and we do not have a dining room. We added a counter height 7' long open counter/eating bar between the two spaces. It defines the two rooms without blocking light or flow, seats five, and adds a huge amount of additional work space.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Basil smoked salmon with beet reduction and fresh pea shoots. The colors in this meal are made for this kitchen.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (13)

The open counter IS brilliant. I'm surprised not to see this more often since a lot of apartments don't have space for a dining room.

posted by e53 on July 15, 2011 at 11:10am
view e53's profile

Uhm...I'm kind of in love with your kitchen. It might be time to re-do mine with green cabinets. Fantastic.

posted by xand83 on July 15, 2011 at 10:23am
view xand83's profile

The plants in the window are tiny terrariums hanging from fishing line - The triangular things on the self are wine racks.

posted by kellydeen on July 15, 2011 at 1:16pm
view kellydeen's profile

Really nice! However, I think this is triple green, since your name is Kelly!

posted by aaakid on July 15, 2011 at 2:31pm
view aaakid's profile

Loving it!

posted by aychihuahua on July 18, 2011 at 4:46pm
view aychihuahua's profile

I love it all! It's quadruple green, 'cause a little kid would say "Deen" instead of "Green".

posted by GreatFriend on July 19, 2011 at 1:14pm
view GreatFriend's profile

I really enjoy the pull up cabinet doors. Since I am about 5''1 it's exactly what I would do for my kitchen. The color scheme for your house is quiet nice. It has a touch of a European style to it. Nice job !

posted by kitchenhip on July 19, 2011 at 3:28pm
view kitchenhip's profile

I like how visually pleasing the placement of the green is in your kitchen!

posted by ashortstorylady on July 20, 2011 at 1:33am
view ashortstorylady's profile

Ka'ute!

posted by wendym1 on July 20, 2011 at 11:56am
view wendym1's profile

Gorgeous! Were the cabinets custom? Would you mind sharing sources (for the cabinets/appliances)? Thanks!

posted by LFash on July 20, 2011 at 5:16pm
view LFash's profile

The cabinets were custom made in Estonia by our home builders family. The Jenn Air oven is actually a wall oven (not a standard slide in). Dishwasher is Kitchen Aid. Refrigerator is Jenn Air. Countertops are quartz. The hood is Zephyr (and has so much pull it can lift small pans off the cooktop!) Sink fixture is Moen.

posted by kellydeen on July 20, 2011 at 8:03pm
view kellydeen's profile

Nice! Not just nice, super-duper nice. Love it.

posted by Asticat on July 28, 2011 at 3:23pm
view Asticat's profile

Great job! Would love to explore publishing it. Pls email me at acaughey@gmail.com

posted by A. Caughey on January 9, 2012 at 4:39pm
view A. Caughey's profile