Barbara

Avon, Connecticut

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

Just ME = 1

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

My kitchen has EVERYTHING in a small space...and is beautiful besides....Started with a 30 year old condo kitchen which was in ORIGINAL state...

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

I wanted an island...The only way we could get one was to sink it into the closet space behind. The kitchen was old with only 2 small drawers....no place to keep anything. It was UGLY... Check out the knives in the butcher block! The black square under the clock is...the toaster!!

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Any thing seasonal to enjoy with my friends.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (15)

So nice to see some really traditional kitchens in the contest!

posted by lambofcairo on July 19, 2011 at 4:27pm
view lambofcairo's profile

I've been in that kitchen and it is very beautiful! The way everything is done is very classy, and everything goes together very well. I've seen some nice kitchens before, but this one is my favorite! Plus, it has an excellent chef to make everything truly come together.

posted by Gadget1988 on July 19, 2011 at 10:46am
view Gadget1988's profile

Wish you had a before pic! And I'd like to know your budget. Reminds me of my Gramma in a very, very good way--right down to the blue willow china. Granny Chic, almost. I agree, traditional kitchen are a rarity on the site and suprisingly refreshing!

posted by Put A Bird On It on July 19, 2011 at 7:35pm
view Put A Bird On It's profile

To the person who mentioned it being on fire.. I am her son. If you threaten her, if you dare, you will be behind bars. Got it? Good.

posted by Gadget1988 on July 19, 2011 at 11:41pm

We've had enough of TD's bad manners. Please block him and his rudeness.

posted by HeraHere on July 19, 2011 at 11:51pm
view HeraHere's profile

Thank you herahere... it's good to know that people will stand up for mom. THANK YOU!!

posted by Gadget1988 on July 19, 2011 at 11:55pm

I've gone and flagged TD's posts - he posted offensive remarks on all of our kitchens, so don't worry we all were attacked, not just you!

posted by Noelle153 on July 20, 2011 at 12:56am
view Noelle153's profile

I totally agree with Gadget1988 in every regard. Very nice, attractive and cozy kitchen. The "native" chef makes excellent use of the kitchen when entertaining friends! Additionally the french doors leading to the "outdoor" sitting room was an awesome idea for really opening up the space.

posted by Kenro on July 20, 2011 at 6:29am
view Kenro's profile

Simply awesome kitchen. Congratulations, Barb

posted by Mykonos on July 20, 2011 at 6:35am
view Mykonos's profile

Incredibly nice! Love the french doors too!

posted by Trebornek on July 20, 2011 at 6:38am
view Trebornek's profile

Nicely designed

posted by Gerigoforit on July 20, 2011 at 6:43am
view Gerigoforit's profile

Traditional isn't my personal style - but this is a very well planned and executed kitchen!

posted by Ms. Vickie on July 20, 2011 at 1:06pm
view Ms. Vickie's profile

great hardwood flooring!

posted by mistacuddles on July 20, 2011 at 3:33pm
view mistacuddles's profile

I remember the kitchen before it looked like this and it was atrocious in comparison. What mom did with the kitchen was really awesome and I was impressed.

posted by Gadget1988 on July 20, 2011 at 9:33pm

For a cool kitchen, this one has it all! Wonderful design.

posted by Od on July 21, 2011 at 5:58pm
view Od's profile