Lynn

Fairport, New York

Division:

Rent

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

one

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

It's simple, cozy, and very user friendly. what you see is what you have to work with.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

storage a minimum all available space utilized. over doorway tension rod hides away the everyday. open shelving and mirrors open and brighten the space. DIY wooden shelves mix of vintage, thrift and ikea. coat closet turned pantry.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Summer-Mark Bittman's Eggplant and Roasted Tomatoes Gratin Winter-Heidi Swanson's (101 Cookbooks) Giant Chipolte White Beans

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (7)

Big food comes out of this tiny kitchen!

posted by Rochesterred on July 22, 2011 at 2:23pm
view Rochesterred's profile

I love this kitchen! The cutest ever. Great maximization of a tiny space with the shelving and hooks, and the decorative colanders. my fave.

posted by stagednormalcy on July 22, 2011 at 5:54pm
view stagednormalcy's profile

This is my fav too. I also have a tiny coat closet kitchen so I truly appreciate how cleverly you've used the space. There's so much to love here. It reminds me of comfort food. That window is so perfect for a small space and everything looks effortless and genuine.

posted by kbfromlb on July 24, 2011 at 10:34am
view kbfromlb's profile

This is so wonderful! I'm getting ready to move into a tiny studio with a super tiny kitchen and these posts are getting me so excited to see what I can do with m own. Favorite so far!

posted by Renai Marie on July 24, 2011 at 12:54pm
view Renai Marie's profile

love the floor plan on the paper towel. the best yet.

posted by littlecat on July 24, 2011 at 4:26pm
view littlecat's profile

I rented an apartment in Des Moines Iowa that was VERY similar in size and layout to this kitchen. Teeny tiny!(I had more storage and taller ceilings.) But I gotta tell you...it was the most efficient kitchen I have ever cooked in. I actually liked only having to turn a quarter turn to grab something from the fridge. I actually miss that kitchen.

posted by designrchick on July 25, 2011 at 10:11am
view designrchick's profile

Seriously the cutest kitchen ever. I love it.

posted by Kayla-P on July 25, 2011 at 6:19pm
view Kayla-P's profile