Cathy

New York, New York

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

Two: My husband and myself.

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

Living in New York City requires absolute maximization of space, and our kitchen design does just that.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

Our pots and pans rest on a lazy susan-type structure that allows for easy access. Also, we made the counter space multi-functional with dining and office space for one.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Thanksgiving dinner because of the compactness -- everything is right at my fingertips! I never have to run around!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (11)

what an improvement! Great design, this design sometimes goes "out" of style breifly, but always comes back in. Nice warm color, I'm not sure about the blue-ish glow... Very nice.

posted by kjansson on July 11, 2011 at 2:31pm
view kjansson's profile

where's the vent hood, not really practcal to not even have a recirculating one.

posted by pkyc00 on July 11, 2011 at 2:54pm
view pkyc00's profile

The before was awful! Way to make a lovely modern kitchen.

posted by Ban Clothing on July 11, 2011 at 3:10pm
view Ban Clothing's profile

Superb! Where the cabinets custom? Mind sharing the source?

posted by LFash on July 11, 2011 at 4:46pm
view LFash's profile

Very pretty! It does look warm & modern at the same time, also very storage efficent and practical. I also think it is nice seeing wooden cabinets done well. I do love white kitchens, but it is nice seeing something else once in a while and yours is done wonderfully.

posted by fulinlin on July 11, 2011 at 7:16pm
view fulinlin's profile

Wasn't this kitchen in Metropolitan Home a few years ago? I think I might still have the clipping in an inspiration book somewhere!

posted by lwestbro on July 11, 2011 at 8:21pm
view lwestbro's profile

Thanks, everyone! So glad to hear you like it! It's so much better than the old kitchen, which was really a mess! The cabinets -- and everything else in the kitchen -- were custom, and everything was done by Diversity: Architecture and Design (www.diversity-nyc.com).

posted by cathy shockey on July 11, 2011 at 10:31pm
view cathy shockey's profile

Wow!

posted by Pixie on July 12, 2011 at 2:14pm
view Pixie's profile

Excellent job.

posted by thenycarchitect on July 16, 2011 at 10:35am
view thenycarchitect's profile

This? This makes up for all the tours with omitted or rudimentary floor plans. Hee! Nicely done.

posted by shanalulu on July 24, 2011 at 12:18am
view shanalulu's profile

The kitchen speaks for itself, but absolutely love the color chose. It appears to be a blue unless that is only the lighting. Really pops.

posted by BievTea on July 24, 2011 at 9:02pm
view BievTea's profile