Dariya

Moscow, Russia

Division:

International

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

Two: my husband and me.

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

Color decisions, lighting solutions, effective use of space, built-in kitchen appliances coupled with minimalistic design make kitchen spacious and modern-looking.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

Kitchen had an air-duct facility which was precluding due to its dimensions from proper installation of standard-sized kitchen furniture. Finally despite objections of workers air-duct was covered with plasterboard box and furniture was properly installed.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

I really enjoy to use my stove, so my favorite dish is lasagne.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (9)

Excellent use of a small space! The colors used for surfaces and curtains, etc work really well together. I'd import this kitchen to the US in a heartbeat.

posted by Ms. Vickie on July 5, 2011 at 3:30pm
view Ms. Vickie's profile

Love this kitchen!

posted by hello123 on July 6, 2011 at 3:30pm
view hello123's profile

Very practical design. And love that, though small, it includes sit-down dining space.

posted by Rodosee on July 7, 2011 at 3:28am
view Rodosee's profile

nice. I would have used different hardware, like little tiny circle or square knobs, something unobtrusive.

posted by kjansson on July 9, 2011 at 1:59pm
view kjansson's profile

I agree with kjansson about the hardware.

I do find this the most calming and serene kitchen space. It's sleek and clean and modern--I love it!

posted by ronsmom on July 11, 2011 at 2:16pm
view ronsmom's profile

Not a fan of the finish on the doors. I also think the hardware is dated.

posted by Ban Clothing on July 11, 2011 at 3:27pm
view Ban Clothing's profile

The hardware isn't dated, it's classic. The kitchen is very attractive and the space is well used. And an eat-in kitchen this small is great.

posted by nancyalice on July 12, 2011 at 5:46pm
view nancyalice's profile

Daria, knowing that you had to bring all accessorizes from London in your suitcase, I would give the first prize to you only for this. Wish you good luck and victory!

posted by Bella Donna on July 17, 2011 at 11:12am
view Bella Donna's profile

Yellow flowers, winner!

posted by marieheiss on July 26, 2011 at 12:53pm
view marieheiss's profile