Nehalem's Warm & Cozy Remodeled Kitchen

Name:

Nehalem

Fort Collins, Colorado

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

2 adults, 1 baby and Dodger (our 3yr old Vizsla)

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

Our remodeled kitchen is super functional and, despite its size, has churned out huge wedding cakes, dinner for 100+ and a weekly batch of breakfast burritos. We love how all of the materials complement eachother: soapstone, glass tile, maple, stainless and marmoleum.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

The huge challenge was overcoming 1928 kitchen design: no counterspace, no dishwasher, no pantry, a chimney in one corner and totally closed in. The new kitchen is sans one wall, bright and super functional with a lot more storage.

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

Even though we don't have AC in our house I love to make chipotle-port braised beef short ribs 12 months a year. They are really good served with steamed greens and roasted yellow pepper-mashed potatoes....and with a nice glass of red wine (see photo #2).

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (7)

The backsplash adds a lot of personality to your kicthen.

posted by House Voyeur on July 11, 2011 at 11:18pm
view House Voyeur's profile

Marmoleum and Vizsla get my vote!

Armstrong commercial tile and Greyhounds at my house!

posted by hello123 on July 6, 2011 at 3:37pm
view hello123's profile

Don't hate me, but if #4 is the before than I am in LOVE with your old kitchen.

posted by Put A Bird On It on July 6, 2011 at 9:08pm
view Put A Bird On It's profile

Except if your painted-over brick were white subway tile. And, can you link to you chipotle-port braised beef short ribs recipe?

posted by Put A Bird On It on July 6, 2011 at 9:15pm
view Put A Bird On It's profile

I would keep the countertop and the cabinets. The hardware is already dated. The lines of the under bar counter supports are throwing everything off, at least paint them white. And why is the switch plate stainless on a white background? I'm not understanding why that is being accented? it should disappear, outlets are ugly to look at.

posted by kjansson on July 9, 2011 at 1:49pm
view kjansson's profile

hey webmasters, think the links for the pictures are broken. Regardless of which small picture you click on, the first one pops up?

posted by catdoc on July 12, 2011 at 3:22pm
view catdoc's profile

You should have put clutter in front of your electrical because that's what everybody else did.Too bad you didn't because you would have gotten more votes.

Maybe people should spend more time looking at what's been hidden in other entries than what's exposed.A few might have gotten less votes.

Sounds fair to me.

posted by hello123 on July 12, 2011 at 6:08pm
view hello123's profile