Kris's Small, Sleek Kitchen

Name:

Kris

St. Petersburg, Florida

Division:

Own

Square Feet:

How many people live in home:

Two: My partner and I, plus two adorable rescued greyhounds!

What makes your small kitchen so cool?

We've used over-sized floor and wall tiles, plus enormous artwork to create a large feel in a very small space. We also blew out a wall to give it an open feeling and included the former mud porch in our new design as a new pantry.

One challenge you overcame in your small kitchen, or a good resource you've found.

The biggest challenge was that we gutted the kitchen to the studs and did a complete rebuild (a true DIY job, we completed this without anything being hired out), however, our greatest resource came from finding a sleek European style refrigerator online from AJ Madison (shipped from New York to Florida). Saving those precious few square feet made a ton of difference in our overall layout!

Favorite Meal to Cook in Kitchen

We are on an Asian kick at the moment. Far East (Thai) and Indian foods are our current favorites that we have been trying out in our new kitchen as of late. We became true fans of both while dining out for the two+ months we had no kitchen!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (2)

I love the Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) theme going on in this kitchen... very cool!

posted by BlueHandMedia on July 22, 2011 at 7:02pm
view BlueHandMedia's profile

nice work. I was wondering about single sinks. I just love a double sink. Do you find the single deeper sink works just the same? Or is it better?

posted by apartmenttherapy47 on July 23, 2011 at 10:17pm
view apartmenttherapy47's profile