Coco's Cozy Hollywood Regency

Name:

Corina

Los Angeles, California

Division:

Tiny

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

I love that it feels like a complete house even though it is such a small space. I have everything I need and everything fits so perfectly. In just 8 months I have made it feel like home.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

I have one closet! That is for clothing and storage. That was a big challenge so I have to stay on top of things and keep really organized. I also have three indoor cats. I wanted great furniture in whites and shags (which aren't the easiest with kitties) so keeping the place tidy is a MUST!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (42)

Gorgeous!
I need to find a way to make myself a fireplace like that...

posted by Mavesse on April 6, 2011 at 8:51pm
view Mavesse's profile

Would love to have seen the kitchen but the pics were so classic, yet airy.

posted by BOS113 on April 6, 2011 at 7:25pm
view BOS113's profile

You know, this almost looks like a European flat. You've done a very nice job in such a small place!

posted by hotpaprika on April 6, 2011 at 9:22am
view hotpaprika's profile

edit to my previous post, I was supposed to type 'amazing' after the word 'look' but it somehow slipped my mind.

posted by applebomb on April 6, 2011 at 10:15am
view applebomb's profile

I love your choice in colours, the gold, white and pink all look. Also, I love your front door. So far, this is my favourite!

posted by applebomb on April 6, 2011 at 8:46am
view applebomb's profile

I just recently discovered the Cococozy blog and am a firm fan. I just wish we could get the Cococozy branded products out here! Fabulous prints.

posted by HongKonger on April 6, 2011 at 8:51am
view HongKonger's profile

Oh well. This has been entered? I was dazzled by the house tour, and I'd be very suprised if this doesn't win at least its division. Gorgeous, coherent, personal, classic.

posted by Juliet___ on April 6, 2011 at 11:57am
view Juliet___'s profile

What a girl's girl!! Absolutely love it, feminine royal!

posted by missmae11411 on April 6, 2011 at 12:32pm
view missmae11411's profile

We've seen this house three times in two weeks and I still love every inch of it. Perfection.

posted by Cassis on April 6, 2011 at 12:47pm
view Cassis's profile

@hotpaprika
Which country in Europe did you visit? (°_°)

Nice colour combination but for for my taste way, way too many dust catchers.

posted by diridi on April 6, 2011 at 1:01pm
view diridi's profile

Of all the spaces I've ever seen on this site, this is one of my favorites. Classic, regal, and decadent, yet accessible, warm, and cozy.

The seating area facing the fireplace is an absolute dream. Where is the furniture from?

posted by Reeses902 on April 6, 2011 at 3:05pm
view Reeses902's profile

So serene with the soft colors. The fireplace and bedroom are my favorites.

posted by junklover on April 6, 2011 at 9:27pm
view junklover's profile

Beautiful... You have collected some really special pieces. Lovely feline roommates as well.

Definitely 100% regency style, I generally like to mix & see different styles working together. But your place seems very well thought out, its working for you!

posted by mauishopgirl on April 6, 2011 at 11:17pm
view mauishopgirl's profile

*back of hand to forehead and Swoon*

posted by kitteh on April 7, 2011 at 2:52am
view kitteh's profile

Was this just in a magazine? I swear it was. If it wasn't, it should be!

posted by pollyhyper on April 7, 2011 at 8:09am
view pollyhyper's profile

Ohmygosh, this is one of the best apartments I've seen on AT in a while. I very much want to see a full house tour, even if you don't win!

posted by artnerd on April 7, 2011 at 11:49am
view artnerd's profile

I loved this House Call, I loved this House Tour, and I love this Small Cool. You've struck the perfect balance between glamorous and inviting. I want to live here!

posted by HollyGoBrightly on April 7, 2011 at 12:57pm
view HollyGoBrightly's profile

Not my personal style, but nice to see a break from mid-century modern! Plus you're right, it does feel like a house – must be all the light!

posted by Theoretical Shopaholic on April 7, 2011 at 3:15pm
view Theoretical Shopaholic's profile

@ diridi: I am European :)

posted by hotpaprika on April 7, 2011 at 3:28pm
view hotpaprika's profile

I really like your style, though I don't understand the floor plan. I love that you go for traditional furniture and décor, it's refreshing and nicely done.

posted by Ninella on April 7, 2011 at 4:42pm
view Ninella's profile

Love love love!! The tiny home of my dreams!

posted by ohkatie on April 8, 2011 at 1:29am
view ohkatie's profile

Even though a lot of the furnishings weren't to my personal taste I loved the fludity to your choices - everything matched and was cohesive which is so hard to do.

It is so hard to resist temptation when you see something you love, but know it won't work in your small space.

posted by lollybox on April 8, 2011 at 7:38am
view lollybox's profile

@artnerd
She had a full house tour last week
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/house-tours/corinas-hollywood-glamour-on-a-second-hand-budget-house-tour-142750

posted by applebomb on April 8, 2011 at 4:06pm
view applebomb's profile

I loved the house tour. This is how my dream apartment would look. You have great style.

posted by SharonCyn on April 9, 2011 at 12:14pm
view SharonCyn's profile

Oh, so pretty. I love the two beige side chairs flanking the console table.

posted by martigny on April 10, 2011 at 2:56pm
view martigny's profile

We loved your use of space and especially the addition of color with the black and white. The ability to make three rooms in one was amazing. I can't wait to see more.

posted by Brookemactuley on April 10, 2011 at 7:10pm
view Brookemactuley's profile

I just love your home. It feels like I'm in a luxurious apartment. This is great.

posted by Cameron(House Sale) on April 11, 2011 at 11:07pm
view Cameron(House Sale)'s profile

I agree, it does look very luxurious. I love the tiny feminine accents, like the butterflies and flowers. They are subtle, but really bring everything together.

posted by Miko Love on April 13, 2011 at 1:57pm
view Miko Love's profile

Gorgeous. I also love the gratuitous cat photos (especially in the full house tour). My white cat might be more practical for this apartment in terms of fur coverage - but then again, she might be difficult to find...

posted by piggylittle on April 14, 2011 at 10:20pm
view piggylittle's profile

really fab!

posted by Mod4God on April 15, 2011 at 12:11pm
view Mod4God's profile

OMG I love it! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a full house tour! Pretty please?!

posted by bugsywife on April 17, 2011 at 6:13pm
view bugsywife's profile

Nice kitties!

posted by owlmug on April 18, 2011 at 6:54pm
view owlmug's profile

My favorite. What's behind the screen/room divider? Why cover the window?

posted by queenyellowsun on April 19, 2011 at 4:43am
view queenyellowsun's profile

I'm not a fan of Hollywood Regency - more an anti-fan if anything - something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe its the preciousness. I don't know.

But that doesn't stop me from feeling like your place is just completely fantastic. Fabu, even. It seems completely personal to you - its one thing for a space to have style, its another thing for a space to have a soul. And I think you've nailed it.

That you've done this DIY and on a limited budget is just icing on the frosted (Regency) cake.

posted by Dave2 on April 22, 2011 at 6:24pm
view Dave2's profile

Completely Fantastic you a have great home, Iam going to take page from this book........Thank you.

posted by Macklin on April 23, 2011 at 10:51pm
view Macklin's profile

As I prepare my sackcloth and hair shirt for the inevitable disappointing outcome of this contest, I have to comment and say that this will always be the winner in my book.

I don't like Hollywood Regency–at all. But this space is so well done, it doesn't matter. The color scheme, the scaling, the cohesion–it's all perfect.

posted by Yvette on April 25, 2011 at 1:07pm
view Yvette's profile

yes, no matter the outcome still my overall total favorite in the whole contest as of today...

posted by queenyellowsun on April 29, 2011 at 2:31am

did everyone who loves this note that her full house tour is at:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/house-tours/corinas-hollywood-glamour-on-a-second-hand-budget-house-tour-142750

posted by queenyellowsun on April 29, 2011 at 2:53am

I love this, Corina. It's beautiful, and all the more so because this was done on a budget. That part in and of itself is encouraging. All I can say is you have a good eye for decorating. Fabu!!!

posted by GG-loves-apartments on April 29, 2011 at 11:44am
view GG-loves-apartments's profile

This is my favorite. Of all. Wish I could vote more than once! Love your style, love the colors, welcoming, delightful, elegant... ah. I want to hire you to decorate my home.

posted by Starrigger on May 1, 2011 at 12:32am
view Starrigger's profile

so elegant and fresh. I can imagine it probably feels amazing to come home to this everyday. Also, the cats in the pictures make it so much more accessible and warm. Love it, great work!

posted by Ciao_Kristin on May 2, 2011 at 1:49pm
view Ciao_Kristin's profile

Thank you so much for all of the kind words!!! This apartment is so personal to me and it's so nice to read that other people can sense that through the photos. I really appreciate all of your compliments!
xo
Corina

posted by Coco K. on May 2, 2011 at 2:07pm
view Coco K.'s profile