Kanak's Cheerful Home

Name:

kanak

los angeles, California

Division:

Little

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

I love that our place is always well lit. It is a small, colorful and bright place, which makes us happy and cheerful always.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

The challenges to begin with was the budget, both my husband and i were just out of school when we rented this apartment. We have a lot of ikea furniture, but all is not necessary assembled the way it should be. We tried to personalize it depending on the space that we needed to create. The low console like thing in the study/guest bedroom are a study table, a coffee table and a t.v unit from ikea all combined to form a single unit. The other main challenge was to accommodate a study/guest bedroom in our one bedroom apartment.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (11)

Love the art and the cultural details you've incorporated.

posted by Allegra M on April 27, 2011 at 10:17am
view Allegra M's profile

the photos don't quite show the guest room concept, but the use of color and pattern/accessories keep it warm and from looking too ikeay.

posted by ec05 on April 27, 2011 at 9:50am
view ec05's profile

The photos don't show your home and your space very well...seems to be just glimpses of your beautiful home. Would like to see more including how you arranged for your guest bedroom/study.

posted by Tracy333 on April 27, 2011 at 11:57am
view Tracy333's profile

Agree with the other posters about the pictures not really giving a clear idea of everything, but I like it. It's "designed" but looks totally effortless. I like that it looks like some actually lives here.

posted by cbeatty23 on April 27, 2011 at 12:11pm
view cbeatty23's profile

I also agree, these photos do not tell me how it is organized and structured your apartment.

posted by suzie__lee on April 27, 2011 at 12:30pm
view suzie__lee's profile

It IS a cheerful place-- no argument here! :)

posted by csc76 on April 27, 2011 at 12:54pm
view csc76's profile

Great use of color.

posted by katlia on April 28, 2011 at 1:26am
view katlia's profile

"mello1" is rude. i cant stand when people have to be so criticizing. style and taste are so objective; why even be mean 'mello1'? i love the bedroom and the wall photos and think the home seems quite inviting. i wish i could tell more of what im looking at in photo 4.

posted by queenyellowsun on April 28, 2011 at 3:50am
view queenyellowsun's profile

Mello1 doesn't have a clue! The art is awesome!

posted by conejitoasesino on April 28, 2011 at 5:29am
view conejitoasesino's profile

how cute!! cheerful all the way!

posted by sesteadman88 on May 3, 2011 at 3:52pm
view sesteadman88's profile

I would also agree about the photos, attention seems to be on the furniture, not the space. I would imagine more votes if the apartment itself was more visible as it looks like a lovely place!

posted by Bruce127 on July 9, 2011 at 6:50pm
view Bruce127's profile