Daniela's Chilean Restoration

Name:

Daniela

Santiago, Chile

Division:

International

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

We love living here, it's like a party in Latin America, very colorful, happy and lighting. We find and bring each object from many places, local markets of every travel we do, with few dollars and much sense. Also the apartment location is the best, in downtown.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

Our most challenge was the restoration, because the apartment is 63 years old, and was too damaged and we had to repair and restore the floor and walls, and remake the kitchen and bath.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (12)

I think it is lovely

posted by newdadzilla on April 25, 2011 at 6:39pm
view newdadzilla's profile

a mí me encanta tu casita!! tal vez es cierto que no es tan sofisticada como las otras, algunas son tan pero tan modernas que me resultan frías como habitaciones de hotel. Tu casa sería bienvenida en casachaucha.com.ar un site de Argentina que valora la decoración popular. exitos en el concurso!

for those who doesn´t speak spanish: i love this home! it may not be so sophistacated but it looks couzy and warm. I´ve seen same homes here that looked like hotel rooms! don´t like that!
best regards from Argentina!!

posted by desde muy lejos on April 25, 2011 at 9:34pm
view desde muy lejos's profile

Very nice, fun! I would love to live here.

posted by PattyD on April 25, 2011 at 11:56pm
view PattyD's profile

I love the colors. And the windows. And the dress form. It does not look crowded. It is warm.

posted by lauraprescott on April 26, 2011 at 1:20am
view lauraprescott's profile

I'm with desde on this. This looks like someone's actual home, not a condo model suite. All the mismatched bits and bobs are there because the inhabitant wants them and enjoys them, fashion be damned!

posted by melissapauline on April 26, 2011 at 11:22am
view melissapauline's profile

Mmm, another red sofa, is that a trendy?

posted by Ofelia on April 26, 2011 at 9:26pm
view Ofelia's profile

I love this. It looks like a real home with people actually living in it. Some homes look more like a showroom.

posted by foxymardy on April 27, 2011 at 3:47am
view foxymardy's profile

Viva Chile! Muy buena onda!

posted by conejitoasesino on April 27, 2011 at 5:16am
view conejitoasesino's profile

it´s beautiful, I liked the mix of styles and colors that give it a warmer touch.

posted by Daniela E on April 27, 2011 at 10:10pm
view Daniela E's profile

me parece un departamento muy acogedor, me encantan los detalles tales como las pinturas y grabados que se observan, ademas de los pequeños espacios llenos de color, Me Gusta mucho!

posted by juanjesus on April 28, 2011 at 7:34am
view juanjesus's profile

Precioso, cuando invitas?

posted by emilio.moreno79 on April 28, 2011 at 11:58am
view emilio.moreno79's profile

LOVE that red couch !!

posted by pizzapi on June 5, 2011 at 5:59am
view pizzapi's profile