Maya's West Village Charm

Name:

Maya

New York, New York

Division:

Tiny

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

We love the charm of our apartment on the most quaint street in west village. From our living room as well as bedroom windows, we can see the Empire State Building amongst low brownstone buildings. It is especially beautiful to look at from our window at night when the color of the day is always a surprise. We love the light that makes the apt feel cheerful and though we live just above great restaurants, our favorite spot for a meal is on our farmhouse table, which isn't too far from the sofa for a post meal nap.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

Our furniture are not necessarily what one would pick for a small apartment so we had the challenge of placing the large tv (courtesy of then fiance when we moved in together), the farmhouse table and large sofa. It was important for us to have a proper table so we had to compromise a lot of the space.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (15)

Lovely space; i would move in right away.

posted by brightred on April 25, 2011 at 10:39am
view brightred's profile

i love ur front door and how worn it looks!

posted by shannieboop on April 25, 2011 at 2:13pm
view shannieboop's profile

I love your place. The contrast between the funky old door and the bright, crisp walls is great. I hear you about the table - it's so important to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal with others. I love the freshness, simplicity and character of your apartment. Cute kitchen too!

posted by GreenKey on April 25, 2011 at 4:25pm
view GreenKey's profile

I need a table too, for eating and projects. I love that the dining and coffee table are alike. Your apartment seems jut right; not to busy or overdone.

posted by mollyfields on April 25, 2011 at 7:52pm
view mollyfields's profile

I'm so curious about your wonderful narrow coffee table - but now that I see that it is so similar to the dining table, is it actually the second matching bench? (One bench against the kitchen peninsula, one bench serves as coffee table?) Very clever.

posted by emmelemm on April 25, 2011 at 8:05pm
view emmelemm's profile

Why so few votes? Because it went up so late? I adore this apartment, it has a light refreshing feel to it.

posted by Warrior Two on April 25, 2011 at 9:15pm
view Warrior Two's profile

That is a rockin door!!

posted by jagerlea on April 25, 2011 at 9:59pm
view jagerlea's profile

Great door!! LOVE it!

posted by MishMc on April 25, 2011 at 10:09pm
view MishMc's profile

one bed in WVillage?! Love!

posted by Bridget212323 on April 25, 2011 at 11:04pm
view Bridget212323's profile

absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely home.

posted by good time teeth on April 25, 2011 at 11:23pm
view good time teeth's profile

I'm dealing with the realities of moving from 2400 sq ft in the south to 510 sq ft in Manhattan. The scale of furniture is one issue of it's own. The scale of life in general is entirely different.
I liked how you were able to keep everything warm...to scale...and inviting. Thank you for the ideas, I desperately, desperately needed them!

posted by d Elle on April 26, 2011 at 12:31am
view d Elle's profile

i love your blackboard wall in your kitchen!

posted by burcuayaz1 on April 26, 2011 at 1:56am
view burcuayaz1's profile

I'd love to know where the coffee table is from!

posted by britwash on April 26, 2011 at 9:07am
view britwash's profile

The frame collection is fantastic!

posted by owlmug on April 29, 2011 at 1:07am
view owlmug's profile

I really love the farm table and the fact that you repurposed one of the benches as a coffee table. How clever.

posted by Sonje on May 1, 2011 at 12:49am
view Sonje's profile