Eider's Light All Day

Name:

Eider

San Sebastian, Spain

Division:

International

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

What I more love in my small cool apartment is the light and the colours. The house is east-south-west oriented so I have light all day. I also love the pictures in the entrance, the wallpapers and the handmade headboard. I love too how my apartment looks in this photographs made by Haizea Cacho for the blog coolspacesindonosti.blogspot.com

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

The biggest challenge that I faced was the distribution of the Kitchen+living room. How to distribute the sofa and the dining room table, so the space didn't look too crowded. The absence of a wall between the living area and the kitchen provides a very different flow to the whole apartment. In order to maintain this, I have retained the clean, white walls and added significant pops of color, artwork, and accessories throughout.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (22)

You had me at "Spain".

posted by cvgmiami on April 20, 2011 at 9:26am
view cvgmiami's profile

I love how your dog matches your colour scheme :)

posted by pheebs79 on April 20, 2011 at 10:12am
view pheebs79's profile

Wow...totally did not see your dog the first time I looked through the pictures. :)

posted by Tracy333 on April 20, 2011 at 10:51am
view Tracy333's profile

The sofa kind of looks like the Bolla (sp?) one from CB2. Is it by chance from there?

posted by roxy72 on April 20, 2011 at 2:13pm
view roxy72's profile

Ooooh, I think I would seriously love that bedroom <3 Too bad pictures were (in my opinion, at least) wasted in details instead of layout shots.

posted by fleo on April 20, 2011 at 2:59pm
view fleo's profile

I LOVE that headboard idea, particularly the way the colors have been matched to the deep violet wall. Fantastic to see so many international entries on Apartment Therapy.

posted by Mistraal on April 20, 2011 at 3:23pm
view Mistraal's profile

Wish I could vote for this but the majority of the images focus on close up details that are already visible in other shots. Would like to see more of each space or how they are connected which I think is key to a successful overall small-cool space.

posted by hessilou on April 20, 2011 at 3:34pm
view hessilou's profile

You have to check out the link she recommended to get the full idea of this flat.

I like it!

posted by daylight on April 20, 2011 at 4:36pm
view daylight's profile

Oso ondo! Boiseko naiz baina banoa Donostira Uztailan :)

posted by dlach on April 21, 2011 at 11:06am
view dlach's profile

fantastic color palette. So nice to go with a more relaxing palette versus all the homes while I spent time in Spain, which were all terracottaish and saturated with orange.

posted by good time teeth on April 20, 2011 at 5:44pm
view good time teeth's profile

Euskalduna zara ala? Kaixo Denverretik! Love your place too - I can see Monte Igueldo in the pic above your bed.

posted by dlach on April 20, 2011 at 6:27pm
view dlach's profile

sorry, but where's the space? I see great edited and restrained use of knick knacks and things, but not in use of the space.
I wish there was more house to see..but the photographer did a great job bringing out the flavour of the house!

posted by mattNmags on April 20, 2011 at 6:51pm
view mattNmags's profile

I have that same lounge chair but in a tweedy beige. Your's kicks mine's ass! I love the sofa too.

posted by highondesign on April 21, 2011 at 2:56am
view highondesign's profile

I'm considering getting a pair of Eames wire chairs for my dining table, but I'm not sure about comfort (and the infamous waffle butt). Do you find your Bertoia chairs at all comfortable?

Love the purple in the bedroom!

posted by chummy on April 21, 2011 at 4:37am
view chummy's profile

Hi Roxy72. The sofa is from a shop in San Sebastian, Spain. I don't know the model. Unfortunately CB2 doesn't distribute to Spain.

posted by Eider Donosti on April 21, 2011 at 6:45am
view Eider Donosti's profile

To Fleo and Hessilou. Yes maybe you are right and the pictures are focused in the details instead on the whole space. But is difficult to transmit an idea in five photos. If you want to see more, you can check my sister's blog coolspacesindonosti.blogspot.com as Daylight has recomended. Thank you anyway.

posted by Eider Donosti on April 21, 2011 at 6:53am

Kaixo Dlach, bai euskalduna naiz. Atsegina da euskera hitzegiten duen norbait euskaditik kanpo aurkitzea. Bai asmatu dezu, Igeldo eta Kontxako hondartzaren argazki bat da. Agur bero bat Donostitik.

posted by Eider Donosti on April 21, 2011 at 6:54am

Hi Chummy, I love the Bertoia chairs, and they are quite comfortable. There aren't like a sofa, but for a meal they work. I love the Eames work too. I am saving for the Eames RAR rocker.

posted by Eider Donosti on April 21, 2011 at 6:58am

What is east-south-west oriented? Is it safe to assume the fourth side of the house is north oriented?

posted by ablevin5 on April 21, 2011 at 1:59pm
view ablevin5's profile

The two bedrooms are east oriented. The bathroom is south oriented. The Kitchen has two windows, one is south and the other is west oriented. And the last window, that is located in the living room, is west oriented also. My neighbor's flat is the one that is north oriented.

posted by Eider Donosti on April 21, 2011 at 5:38pm

I already loved the colors here and I love the space even more after checking out the blog link. Gorgeous!

posted by lightblue on April 25, 2011 at 10:26am
view lightblue's profile

Love the headboard!

posted by I {heart} Rhody on April 27, 2011 at 12:09pm
view I {heart} Rhody's profile