Michaele's Good Energy

Name:

Michaele

Brooklyn, New York

Division:

Tiny

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

I truly believe that spaces inherently carry different energies. When we were first looking to buy an apartment, this was the only one that just felt "us." It felt like home without any of our stuff in it! So, I love it's naturally good energy. Aside from that, it's all about the decorative details that are original to the building. Our row house was built in 1901, and our apartment has the original (and highly detailed) pressed tin ceilings intact as well as the inlaid wood floors and door mouldings. Another thing we really, really love is our kitchen-it's definitely the heart of our home. It was a (not-so-hot) mess when we first moved in -so we renovated. I fear leaving this apartment and never liking another kitchen as much as this one!

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

Being patient with our selections. There is an urge to rush to get everything in its place and just-so, especially if you need a professional's help to put it in -like light fixtures. We definitely rushed to decide on a few of them and then changed our mind later and decided to buy new ones-we wasted money on that.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (33)

I like that glass or plexiglass table!

posted by Sam I Am on April 27, 2011 at 12:37pm
view Sam I Am's profile

Super usage of color schemes and your mix and match -programmes are great!

posted by emilies on April 28, 2011 at 11:03am
view emilies's profile

That's a great blue in the living room! What's the name?

posted by apappa on April 27, 2011 at 8:29am
view apappa's profile

LOVE your style. Great wall color choices. And I would commit a crime to own that green chair. But my very favorite thing is your pug sitting on the sofa. Hilarious! Looks like she's sayin', "You lookin' at me?" We need to know her name! And would love to see a pic of that great ceiling! I can definitely feel that good energy!

posted by SweetRosieBrown on April 27, 2011 at 8:33am
view SweetRosieBrown's profile

You're dog is cute!

posted by ButterfluyBleus on April 27, 2011 at 8:40am
view ButterfluyBleus's profile

Great wall colors, I wish the photos showed more of the actual space.

posted by R_Claw on April 27, 2011 at 8:41am
view R_Claw's profile

You have my vote- I especially love the light blue wall color- it reminds me of Versailles, which I've never been to, but I imagine looks fancy like that. Also, your dog's facial structure looks strikingly similar to the skull on the wall. coincidence? Or was that pet #1 before he peed on the bed one too many times? I also love the green headboard. I think I've seen it on this site before, and it combination with that eggplant color, which is a great combination and one I wouldn't have thought of! Very lovely home

posted by Jess Ruhl24 on April 27, 2011 at 8:54am
view Jess Ruhl24's profile

I love this apartment but I wish we could see the kitchen that she loves! I know 5 pictures aren't very much, but it's disappointing when these entries mention something fabulous but don't show a picture of it.

posted by MWesdock on April 27, 2011 at 9:57am
view MWesdock's profile

Terrific!

posted by ShannonTaylor on April 27, 2011 at 10:04am
view ShannonTaylor's profile

PUG!

posted by cvgmiami on April 27, 2011 at 10:20am
view cvgmiami's profile

One of my favorites! Love the bright colors and the eclectic style.

posted by Briony on April 27, 2011 at 10:34am
view Briony's profile

I agree with the others--the pug makes that first picture!

"I don't CARE if you're taking pictures--I'm comfortable and I'm NOT moving from my couch!"

posted by AmyinPittsburgh on April 27, 2011 at 10:48am
view AmyinPittsburgh's profile

As a fellow pug owner I love the first pic, my pug also seems to sit like a person sometimes.

posted by joydreamz on April 27, 2011 at 10:58am
view joydreamz's profile

I want to see your kitchen and I LOVE your green chair!!!

posted by Tracy333 on April 27, 2011 at 11:03am
view Tracy333's profile

Oh, and your pug is ADORABLE! :)

posted by Tracy333 on April 27, 2011 at 11:03am
view Tracy333's profile

LOVE your art, especially in pic 2. Sources??

posted by azaleasmoke on April 27, 2011 at 11:28am
view azaleasmoke's profile

Love your use of patterns and colors, gorgeous!

posted by Raaina on April 27, 2011 at 11:29am
view Raaina's profile

I love the chartreuse tones. The headboard and the chair are gorgeous.

posted by Pamela L on April 27, 2011 at 1:14pm
view Pamela L's profile

Let's see the kitchen!!!

posted by KasieB on April 27, 2011 at 1:37pm
view KasieB's profile

Everything about this space is gorgeous, but just the thought of waking up in that bed to that pudgy little fur-face every morning made me almost homicidal with pure jealousy. Love.

posted by tinquerbelle on April 27, 2011 at 1:45pm
view tinquerbelle's profile

What a lively & appealing vibe you have created with fabulous contrasts in genre & color.

posted by visualeyes on April 27, 2011 at 2:32pm
view visualeyes's profile

I love this space and the color choices and the art work and the furnishings!!!! LOVE IT ALL - Especially that stately and commanding Pug.

posted by Whitney Rhyne on April 27, 2011 at 2:38pm
view Whitney Rhyne's profile

beautiful but why no pictures of this amazing kitchen? tease!

posted by lorrinm on April 27, 2011 at 2:45pm
view lorrinm's profile

The decor would not be the same without Poppy posturing! No place is complete without a pug. I love your place especially some of the art work and I can vouch for the kitchen for the 2 resident chefs.

posted by Mama Lena on April 27, 2011 at 3:59pm
view Mama Lena's profile

Here's my address..so you can send me the chaiir...hahahahaha..I love it!

posted by wendym1 on April 27, 2011 at 4:37pm
view wendym1's profile

Could you post the name of bedroom paint please. Love the jewel like tones and, of course, your pug.

posted by Rottweiler on April 27, 2011 at 5:52pm
view Rottweiler's profile

There's something about flat-faced dogs and sitting like people...My bulldog sits like that too, it's too funny.

I love the colour in your place! It wouldn't all be my first choice, but the boldness and overall feeling of your place is great.

posted by pheebs79 on April 27, 2011 at 8:11pm
view pheebs79's profile

That dog!!!!
Oh and your place is great too.

posted by aynn on April 27, 2011 at 9:36pm
view aynn's profile

I'll put in a plug for your pug's mug! It tugs at my heartstrings! So cute. And I love the green chair. Wish we could have seen that kitchen.

posted by Florida Joyce on April 27, 2011 at 9:45pm
view Florida Joyce's profile

I love the combination of the green headboard against the purple wall. Also your entry way table with the gold regency frame is also great.

I did the same as you when I moved in my place, in my haste to put everything in, I put in a bathroom vanity light that I didn't really care for when ordered it, didn't care for turned into pure hatred once it actually got up on the wall. Ended up ripping it out and putting a $49 broadway light from home depot that I love.

posted by mauishopgirl on April 27, 2011 at 10:17pm
view mauishopgirl's profile

Beautiful house and goggie.

Do all AT readers have pugs or boston terriers? Or is this just that these breeds make good apartment/small space goggies? Just an interesting trend I've noted...

posted by orbit on April 28, 2011 at 3:00am
view orbit's profile

yah, all these people with too many dogs. eck. your home is groovy... though, i would not consider a dead cow/bull head 'good energy'.

posted by queenyellowsun on April 28, 2011 at 4:34am
view queenyellowsun's profile

O/T, but Michaele, how do you pronounce your name? It was my grandma's name and I've never seen it on anyone else before.

posted by bedouindilemma on April 29, 2011 at 12:16pm
view bedouindilemma's profile