Anna's Cozy Collections

Name:

Anna

Eppeleheim, Germany

Division:

International

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

The natural light. We have a large window that spans across the whole wall on one side. Luckily we have such a large window because otherwise our flat would feel very much too small. The window provided quite a bit of light, especially in summer. I love how natural it feels in our tiny flat. It is a cozy space with lots of patterns and eclectic artsy and musical treasures to look at. Sometimes a bit too cluttered, but I like a lot to look at.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

I think the biggest challenge is not furnishing it! I am an "über" collector. I go thrifting and fleamarketing a whole lot. I own a vintage shop on Etsy.com, and store most of the inventory in the basement but the treasures that we keep have to be few and have a spot in our flat. Often this means getting rid of other lovely things to find it a space. The biggest challenge is not allowing our tiny space to be cluttered!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (25)

How very lovely. I might like the look of minimalist spaces but I could never live in them. This I could definitely live in.

posted by Kacie3 on April 10, 2011 at 4:51am
view Kacie3's profile

I really love the dark chair and pillow in the fifth picture. I also how much you've incorporated plants into your home!

posted by Jessica Jeanne on April 7, 2011 at 10:40am
view Jessica Jeanne's profile

Two people in 286 sq ft? And one of them a collector?!? You truly are miraculous! Congrats.

posted by Annie-O on April 7, 2011 at 12:41pm
view Annie-O's profile

I love the warm lovely feel of this appartment. And the abundance of music just made me happy. This is a place I could imagine just hanging out and enjoying good company.

posted by amazonikon on April 7, 2011 at 12:57pm
view amazonikon's profile

Nice use of small space. I like the musical instruments scattered among your displays. Is that an Erhu?
I'll be looking for your shop.

posted by Roozter on April 7, 2011 at 2:39pm
view Roozter's profile

Very nice! Just enough stuff to be warm, inviting and personal, and not too much stuff to be overwhelmed.

I love the blue umbrella - wonderful shot of color!

posted by emmelemm on April 7, 2011 at 2:53pm
view emmelemm's profile

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Roozter, Yes that is a violin. It is not Chinese but it is Thai. A wonderful toy. My husband and I are very musical.

posted by Anna from Olive Green Anna on April 7, 2011 at 3:48pm
view Anna from Olive Green Anna's profile

OMG FAVORITE! I want to marry your flat. I love all the instruments!

posted by ohmeursault on April 7, 2011 at 3:59pm
view ohmeursault's profile

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has an accordion sitting out in the living room! It makes a lovely accessory when not being played.

posted by kerimaus on April 7, 2011 at 4:17pm
view kerimaus's profile

excellent layout :)

posted by arnold on April 7, 2011 at 5:01pm
view arnold's profile

Amazing use of such small space for two people.

posted by Appy on April 7, 2011 at 5:51pm
view Appy's profile

too cute!

posted by thearielle21 on April 7, 2011 at 6:21pm
view thearielle21's profile

Agreed, Appy. Agreed.

I need to get some guitar hooks like those! Very cute space, the layout is fantastic.

posted by HandmadeKatie on April 8, 2011 at 2:44am
view HandmadeKatie's profile

It feels like HOME! I love it.

posted by Mariargentina on April 8, 2011 at 6:41am
view Mariargentina's profile

Beautiful!!

posted by houseworking on April 8, 2011 at 8:20am
view houseworking's profile

love all the plants, artwork, and instruments hanging on the walls. I LOVE THIS HOUSE! definitely my favorite of them all!

posted by mekleiber on April 8, 2011 at 12:54pm
view mekleiber's profile

Seriously, more people should be voting for this one!!

posted by emmelemm on April 8, 2011 at 3:36pm
view emmelemm's profile

What's the name of your shop on Etsy? Love the instruments. I have them all over my home too!

posted by MandyDavis on April 10, 2011 at 6:22am
view MandyDavis's profile

Very nice home. Good luck.
I bought a beautiful spike fiddle in a thrift store for my musical son and he showed me this wonderful band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm0v7Q5WcZY (Beats Antiques song Beauty Beats)

posted by Kate (NC) on April 10, 2011 at 1:17pm
view Kate (NC)'s profile

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

My shop is called "Olive Green Anna"

It is at: http://www.olivegreenanna.etsy.com

I also have a blog at:http://www.olivegreenanna.blogspot.com

Thanks again. Apartment therapy is so great!

anna

posted by Anna from Olive Green Anna on April 10, 2011 at 2:52pm
view Anna from Olive Green Anna's profile

I like the contrast of the muted tones, woods and green plants with the vibrant colored pillows and bold red of the couch. The below-the-bed nook area is a great use of space. Lovely home!

posted by SMM1 on April 10, 2011 at 7:14pm
view SMM1's profile

I clicked on this entry because the colours and the guitars grabbed my attention... and imagine my surprise when the location was Eppelheim, seeing as I live and study in Heidelberg :D so cool to have someone from the area featured on here :D really lovely place, I do get a bit bored with the usual perfect white-with-a-few-blots-of-colour flats on here, so it's nice to have something different. and being a tad on the compulsive side when it comes to buying and collecting stuff myself, I can totally sympathise with you :) you manage to showcase stuff without it looking to cluttered, which is great :)

posted by aliksch on April 12, 2011 at 12:37pm
view aliksch's profile

From one collector to another ,i love your apartment. Fab use of space.

posted by kimscollectables on April 13, 2011 at 8:17am
view kimscollectables's profile

I love your space.

If I was an acquaintence & invited over -- you would be seeing me at your door ALL the time! It's very inviting & comfortable.

posted by digger61 on April 13, 2011 at 4:35pm
view digger61's profile

Awesome job Tara. You must be so proud of it. I'm sure your mom and dad must be too. Good job and good luck in the contest

posted by lmmurphy on April 15, 2011 at 8:49am
view lmmurphy's profile