Dean's Glaswegian Getaway

Name:

Dean

Glasgow, Scotland

Division:

International

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

I love the view and the feeling in the living area when only a handfull of people come over is great. and it is pretty easy to keep clean : )

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

To stop buying more and more stuff

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (25)

I love the outside of your building!

posted by lunazzurra on April 5, 2011 at 11:58am
view lunazzurra's profile

Instead of 3 pics of the living room one of the bedroom would have been nice..

posted by Nina79 on April 5, 2011 at 8:35am
view Nina79's profile

I never gave in to criticizing the Keep calm and carry on posters, not even when they were everywhere on AT but when I see a flat screen exhibited like it's the focal point of a room, I feel like saying, no more flat screens please! Show us the bedroom or even the bathroom instead.

posted by Allegra M on April 5, 2011 at 10:23am
view Allegra M's profile

Not to be rude, but was the outside of your building really necessary because it also shows in on the sloor plan, and it means that we can't see your bedroom or bathroom. Or maybe take away a living room picture for a bedroom picture?

posted by applebomb on April 5, 2011 at 12:28pm
view applebomb's profile

This is really charming and nice. Love the multiple views of the living room. I like seeing the television with no cables shown. Are the wires hidden somewhere else? I also like the picture of the outside building... very cute

posted by arnold on April 5, 2011 at 2:10pm
view arnold's profile

That first shot of the living room has a great old Glasgow vibe to it. I wish the layout was a little less flat-screen-on-the-wall-centric, though.

posted by misha bk on April 5, 2011 at 5:08pm
view misha bk's profile

I think it's a cool little space, but in my humble opinion way too safe, and begging for some colour and personality!! Feels like a show room to me, though I do like what seems like two beer bottles as oil bottles beside the cooker!

posted by Deirdre from galoregalore.etsy.com on April 5, 2011 at 5:28pm
view Deirdre from galoregalore.etsy.com's profile

Is the Clydesdale the view from your window?
You win in my contest.

posted by Kate (NC) on April 5, 2011 at 5:28pm
view Kate (NC)'s profile

the outside of the building is awesome! what a cool place to live in. the inside of your house leaves much to be desired however. other than the looking clean there's nothing going for it..

posted by conejitoasesino on April 5, 2011 at 5:54pm
view conejitoasesino's profile

I really really love the kitchen! A very good use of space. I love seeing how other people utilize small spaces.

posted by Chris in FTL on April 5, 2011 at 6:29pm
view Chris in FTL's profile

I'll move in there! Love the pic with the clydesdale. Entries like these are what make me look forward so much to the small cool contest every year! Thanks for sharing!

posted by teapotrose on April 5, 2011 at 8:27pm
view teapotrose's profile

Where's the bathroom? Where's the bedroom?? Love your place, but the contest is about showing your place inside...

posted by smoothsailing on April 5, 2011 at 10:36pm
view smoothsailing's profile

This place has great bones. I wish there were better shots of the iinterior, see how each area of the flat relates to the other. But, that said, you've done a great job at keeping clutter and over-furnishing from taking over.

posted by k2yhe on April 6, 2011 at 9:59am
view k2yhe's profile

I love the lamp! Where did you get it from?

For your entry I have to agree with some other commentators. AT is more about furnishing from which readers can take inspiration that to show how lovely is the building where your live.

posted by diridi on April 6, 2011 at 7:21am
view diridi's profile

Your kitchen is really great. I love the bright color and the track lighting!

posted by Jessica Jeanne on April 7, 2011 at 11:42am
view Jessica Jeanne's profile

I like it! Very masculine, yet stylish & uncluttered. The simplicity is soothing & the kitchen a work of art.
The mirror masterfully echos the lines of the window & a coffee table with similar lines/wood would complete the look nicely. Also, a colorful rug, maybe repeating the red, would warm things up.
Looking forward to seeing pics of the rest of the place sometime.

posted by Roozter on April 7, 2011 at 5:29pm
view Roozter's profile

Let's face it, Flatscreen tv's are a must in almost EVERY home. Rarely however, do you see it done so well as in Dean's home. It looks like a work of art itself. Lovely job...

posted by Otilly on April 7, 2011 at 7:57pm
view Otilly's profile

I love the kitchen, too.

posted by olderworker on April 7, 2011 at 10:28pm
view olderworker's profile

Adore the red and gray kitchen! What a lovely lamp as well. Congrats, you are my first favorite!

posted by maraudingcat on April 9, 2011 at 5:31pm
view maraudingcat's profile

I love this. Simple, clean, and stylish. A rug in the living room would be nice, but only if you feel you need it. And so what about the TV. At least there aren't wires everywhere like in most the homes I've seen. Also I LOVE how you wrapped the cord under the lamp. That attention to detail wins my vote for sure!

posted by MandyDavis on April 10, 2011 at 7:53am
view MandyDavis's profile

Beautiful light streaming in from the windows. Simply and thoughtfully furnished and, as a bonus, plenty of space for the horse if it prefers to wander indoors!

posted by SMM1 on April 10, 2011 at 7:05pm
view SMM1's profile

Does the horse come with? :)

posted by Lisawc15 on April 20, 2011 at 7:41pm
view Lisawc15's profile

Would have liked to see the bedroom. Love your building and that window in your living room!

posted by suzy8track on April 23, 2011 at 7:00pm
view suzy8track's profile

yr windows are to die for, and i love the kitchen =) And does the Pony visit everyday?? =)

posted by JulianneMay on April 24, 2011 at 6:26pm
view JulianneMay's profile

I totally disagree with the comments about the outside of the building. Everyone's apartment exists within the building's environment--personally, the windows and the park outside would have sold me as a renter/buyer regardless of what the bedroom looks like!

posted by NRenee on April 30, 2011 at 8:23pm
view NRenee's profile