Jessica's Intimate Home

Name:

Jessica

San Francisco, California

Division:

Little

Square Feet:

What I Love About My Home

I love that my apartment feels intimate. When I moved in I could only really bring my favorite things, there wasn't room for everything. So now no matter where I look I see something special to me. A glass bowl from a trip to Venice or a photo of my favorite people. I love that I can walk to anything, our neighborhood is what we were drawn to first. And the fireplace and my large closet sealed the deal.

Biggest Challenge in Furnishing My Home

Merging our things and paring down. He wanted to bring things that were comfortable but not necessarily great looking. So we compromised and splurged on having a chair and sofa reupholstered. If we aren't going to have a lot of things, the things we do have should be nice. I also brought a large area rug which I had cut down and surged to fit the new space.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (18)

I really like your working space - all those butterflies...

posted by brightred on April 25, 2011 at 10:40am
view brightred's profile

HA- the pink flamingo in the plant is awesome.
Your space is very pretty :)

posted by pheebs79 on April 25, 2011 at 10:51am
view pheebs79's profile

Pretty sure rugs get 'serged' rather than 'surged'. Not picking on Jessica; it's up to the copy editor to catch this stuff.

posted by pz on April 25, 2011 at 12:51pm
view pz's profile

Mmmh, those amazing chairs next to the window!

posted by Ofelia on April 25, 2011 at 7:55pm
view Ofelia's profile

Aaaaaaah... Your place is like a breath of fresh air and actually looks a lot like my apartment, but I was surprised to read you share it with a "he" as there is a decidedly feminine air. He is very sweet to let you get away with the flowered bed linens!

posted by cvgmiami on April 25, 2011 at 8:10pm
view cvgmiami's profile

Normally too feminine for my tastes...but the "beautiful nature" themes throughout saved it in my eyes!

posted by Shadlyn on April 25, 2011 at 9:35pm
view Shadlyn's profile

So lovely. Great job.

posted by JasmineIsDomestic on April 25, 2011 at 10:10pm
view JasmineIsDomestic's profile

Wow, it's so beautiful! All of the rooms look wonderful to live in, but the bedroom in particular is just so comfortable and bright without smacking you in the face with it. A real inspiration!

posted by Warrior Two on April 25, 2011 at 10:40pm
view Warrior Two's profile

I really love your bedroom. It's so light and airy, and looks serene and comfortable.

posted by Florida Joyce on April 25, 2011 at 10:55pm
view Florida Joyce's profile

You have hung your artwork beautifully!

posted by linsinto on April 26, 2011 at 12:14am
view linsinto's profile

Adore that flamingo. You have my vote.

posted by ShannonTaylor on April 26, 2011 at 6:31am
view ShannonTaylor's profile

That clear chair at the desk is amazing! I'm also surprised you share with a 'he', I'm trying to man-ify my own space to share with one.

posted by Lunchy on April 26, 2011 at 7:33am
view Lunchy's profile

Beautiful apartment. Please share that wonderful cream paint color.

posted by Jarrett29 on April 26, 2011 at 11:56am
view Jarrett29's profile

This apartment makes me happy.

posted by rexrayfan on April 26, 2011 at 5:04pm
view rexrayfan's profile

it is very girlie but in a a very mellow way and that's cool. it's the house of a charmingly quirky lady who solves crimes in her spare time. :) very nice job.

posted by conejitoasesino on April 27, 2011 at 5:02am
view conejitoasesino's profile

I Adore every detail~

posted by HollyHolla on April 27, 2011 at 7:52am
view HollyHolla's profile

It looks like you surround yourself with the things you love. Warm, cozy, clean, and beautiful.

posted by reneegma on April 27, 2011 at 11:30pm
view reneegma's profile

Beautiful job. Your apartment has this feminine vibe that I'm looking to do in my bedroom, so I've found this to be good inspiration. Your bedspread is lovely. :)

posted by Jessica Jeanne on April 28, 2011 at 1:18pm
view Jessica Jeanne's profile