Name:

Jackie

Woodbury, Minnesota

Division:

North

Colors Used

Teal, Lime, Cream, Aqua, Charcoal Gray, Gold

Color Inspiration

We had to battle against a builder basic home painted tan from floor to ceiling...everywhere including closets and bathrooms. To overcome the boredom, we wanted something bold and interesting above our DIY board and batten wall treatment. We had leftover paint in Plumage by Martha Stewart from the nursery. We loved the color so much we decided it would be the perfect statement color in the dining room. The lime gives a pop of the unexpected. We also fell back in love with gold after seeing how beautiful it works with the teal. The edges of the art are "gilded" with handmade gold paper.

Color Tips

Choose a color you love and makes you feel good. When I first started decorating, I was inspired by the teal and turquoise colors in my wardrobe. Over the years we have learned to go a little deeper than our instincts tell us and we have never regretted it. Also, have fun and be unique.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (19)

Simply beautiful! I adore the fact that the upholstered chairs don't all match.

posted by ElaneB on November 16, 2011 at 2:00pm
view ElaneB's profile

This is the perfect shade of peacock blue! Would love the name of the paint color!

posted by potpie on November 16, 2011 at 2:15pm
view potpie's profile

Love the chair covers.... they look like the same Ikea chairs I have. Anyone know where she got them???

posted by sledgehammerwithstyle on November 16, 2011 at 2:24pm
view sledgehammerwithstyle's profile

I've been watching the progress of this dining room on her blog. Fabulous! Absolutely love this color.

posted by montanagal on November 16, 2011 at 2:30pm
view montanagal's profile

Absolutely lovely! I'm intimately familiar with the Cookie-Cutter Beige you're describing, having gone to the Parade of Homes since I was in elementary school - and mostly visited houses in Woodbury, too!
I've got to know where you got those chair covers - they're gorgeous!

posted by bodicegoddess on November 16, 2011 at 2:42pm
view bodicegoddess's profile

i love the colors and the bead board being so high - good choices!

posted by curlsz on November 16, 2011 at 2:46pm
view curlsz's profile

Thank you all for the amazing support. The paint color is Plumage by Martha Stewart at Hone Depot. I made the chair slipcovered from DwellStudio tablecloths. If you want to know more about everything in the room, all the details are here: http://www.tealandlime.com/2011/11/dining-room-details-and-cost/
Thank you again for all the hearts!

posted by Jackie - Teal & Lime on November 16, 2011 at 2:55pm
view Jackie - Teal & Lime's profile

a really wonderful room and color scheme.

posted by Lady J on November 16, 2011 at 3:11pm
view Lady J's profile

I love the color, and the accents are lovely. I especially like the delicacy of the chandelier. But the bead board feels out of proportion to the rest of the room, and takes the focus away from the beautiful use of color and creative decorating.

posted by ranta on November 16, 2011 at 4:48pm
view ranta's profile

Gorgeous! Talk about saving the best for last... today's entries have been the best so far... this one included!

posted by rmurray07 on November 16, 2011 at 9:59pm
view rmurray07's profile

Woodbury represent!

posted by claireunderwear on November 17, 2011 at 12:23am
view claireunderwear's profile

beautiful color combination!

posted by melissakay on November 17, 2011 at 5:20am
view melissakay's profile

Love the colours!

posted by Cathy Kruger on November 17, 2011 at 2:32pm
view Cathy Kruger's profile

The teal is similar to one I'm going to use in my living room. Love it! Also would love info on the chandelier.

posted by I {heart} Rhody on November 18, 2011 at 12:52pm
view I {heart} Rhody's profile

I was really inspired by the DIY project for the chandelier in this room!

posted by farleece on November 18, 2011 at 4:15pm
view farleece's profile

Thank you all for the amazing comments! I am so glad i entered this contest just to get the feedback :)
The chandelier was a DIY project detailed here: http://www.tealandlime.com/2011/10/diy-linear-crystal-chandelier/

posted by Jackie - Teal & Lime on November 19, 2011 at 2:51pm

Thanks for the link Jackie! The chandelier looks great.

posted by I {heart} Rhody on November 19, 2011 at 10:20pm
view I {heart} Rhody's profile

Amazing room! Jackie could you tell me what the name of the rug is or where its from?

posted by OCstyle on November 20, 2011 at 10:18pm
view OCstyle's profile

OCstyle,

The rug is from HomeGoods. It is an indoor/outdoor rug made of polypropylene. I found it this past summer for $129. With little kids around here, I liked the idea of a durable rug in the dining room. It is actually quite soft too. I am sorry the rug does not have an identification on it for the manufacturer.

posted by Jackie - Teal & Lime on November 20, 2011 at 11:57pm