Grace's "Mint Dream" Room

Mint Dream

Name:

Grace

Ottawa, Canada

Division:

International

Colors Used

Benjamin Moore Creme de Mint on walls, oxford cloth blue, coral(s), and a mix of whites (Behr Ultra Pure White on trim) and warmer off-whites. I added darker wood tones to help ground the room, and some mixed metals for a bit of sparkle.

Color Inspiration

My choice was inspired by the palette from a small jewelry box (on dresser). Only after painting and beginning to hang art did I realize how seamlessly this palette worked with my existing collection of prints.

Color Tips

Color should help evoke the mood you envision for your space. Have fun, and trust your instincts!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (15)

Light and dreamy - lovely :)

posted by TeaTowelDame from TheDasherie.com on November 11, 2011 at 10:59am
view TeaTowelDame from TheDasherie.com's profile

Love this--the non-trendy but very lovely pastel hues mixed with the Vermeer prints is interesting and works for me. Looks like a great place to sleep, too. Curious--is there a window anywhere in the room, and if so, what direction is it facing?

posted by bellsonhopi on November 11, 2011 at 11:33am
view bellsonhopi's profile

Soft and classic. The kind of bedroom that makes you want to stay in bed on a Sunday morning.

posted by brooklynindiana on November 11, 2011 at 2:03pm
view brooklynindiana's profile

Charming.

posted by trixie1010 on November 11, 2011 at 3:50pm
view trixie1010's profile

Love the blocks that spell out - Oh Really.

posted by kassgood on November 11, 2011 at 5:29pm
view kassgood's profile

I love this -- It really feels like home to me. I could hang out or sleep very well in this room. Calm and beautiful. It has a certain chic, a quiet elegance.

This looks very much like my childhood & teen bedrooms (which I decorated with my mom, who was great at putting a room together with almost nothing.) we both had a thing for blues and greens, favorite bits, & artwork. I still love my blues and greens (with a splash of orange )

posted by kassgood on November 11, 2011 at 5:28pm
view kassgood's profile

Love the bedspread - where did it come from?

posted by Blue Mom on November 12, 2011 at 12:43pm
view Blue Mom's profile

Beautiful.Love the colours you chose.

posted by Susan Zaroski on November 12, 2011 at 2:19pm
view Susan Zaroski's profile

Hi - thanks very much for the lovely comments!! It is definitely a cozy room, and great for lazy weekends.

bellsonhopi - Thank you. There is a north facing window behind the horse statue pictured. Unfortunately, the room doesn't get much direct sun (especially during these Canadian winters).

Blue Mom - The bedding is from Anthropologie's Cirrus collection. I got it on a major discount this summer. I don't think they carry this color anymore, but you might be able to find it on ebay.

Thanks again everyone.

-grace

posted by Ms. Lady on November 12, 2011 at 4:43pm
view Ms. Lady's profile

Charms meets relaxation. Practically perfect in every way, as ms. poppins would say.

posted by mphelan on November 12, 2011 at 5:21pm
view mphelan's profile

at glance, i feeling cold in this room, but when it look at it again, i feel relax in this room:)

posted by October23 on November 13, 2011 at 9:10am
view October23's profile

Ahhh...sweet dreams in that bedroom.

posted by junklover on November 15, 2011 at 6:01pm
view junklover's profile

i think i know what that orange book is on the side table!! *squee*, which makes such a great accessory in your room! beautiful colour choices and a really nice room Grace! (hi! it's keeley!)

posted by leelart on November 19, 2011 at 12:21am
view leelart's profile

I was wondering where you got that beautiful painting of the sun reflecting on the water?

posted by Alison Wonderland on November 20, 2011 at 10:21pm
view Alison Wonderland's profile

@ leelart - Thanks so much! Of course that is my copy of Design Sponge on the table :)

@ Alison Wonderland - That is a print on canvas of Monet's "Waterloo Bridge: the Sun in a Fog". It was a gift, so I am not sure where it was purchased... possibly through the National Gallery of Canada. I'd imagine that there are prints widely available online.

posted by Ms. Lady on November 23, 2011 at 10:20pm
view Ms. Lady's profile