Keven 's "Dutch Vintage" Room

Dutch Vintage

Name:

Keven

Portland, Oregon

Division:

West

Colors Used

My main color is a bright and happy turquoise. My accent colors are mainly red and black and white.

Color Inspiration

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen so I wanted something that would make me smile every time I saw it but that also had a vintage feel to match our 1940's apartment. My husband is from the Netherlands, so I also like to use colors and objects that remind me of being in Holland.

Color Tips

My experience with color has been limited to use in an apartment setting. But I think if you are thinking about painting in your rental that you may need to paint back to white before you move, a helpful tipIt helps to choose your smaller rooms like kitchens, bathrooms, hallways etc...and choose bright fun bold colors. This can bring color and character to the whole apartment without it being overwhelming for the small space or leaving you with too much work when you eventually move out! I think it's also important to make sure that you have one or two strong accent colors to pair with a bold/ bright wall color. It keeps things balanced and less chaotic.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (9)

Great bold color choice, makes for a bright and cheery space!

posted by Casey Ford on November 9, 2011 at 12:01pm
view Casey Ford's profile

I like this a lot. I'm definitely most impressed by small, relatively unglamorous spaces that come to life through the imaginative use of color and carefully curated objects, as is the case here. This space has charm and personality, albeit on a miniature scale.

posted by bellsonhopi on November 9, 2011 at 5:13pm
view bellsonhopi's profile

I love your color!...it's made the whole kitchen simply cozy and 'euro' and charming!

posted by keeks on November 9, 2011 at 6:49pm
view keeks's profile

i love this kitchen.

posted by kassgood on November 9, 2011 at 10:49pm
view kassgood's profile

how cute! reminds me of my first kitchen!

posted by sesteadman88 on November 10, 2011 at 9:28pm
view sesteadman88's profile

mmmmmm red + turquoise....

posted by Judochop on November 11, 2011 at 10:10am
view Judochop's profile

Ah! I'm working on decorating my living room in the same colors. Love this refreshing space! The little details make it so cool.

posted by brooklyn2189 on November 16, 2011 at 9:08am
view brooklyn2189's profile

Love this! the colours are so bold yet work so well together, feel a kitchen re-decoration coming on.

posted by xXTeenZXx on November 18, 2011 at 3:47am
view xXTeenZXx's profile

Love the blue! Nice job. :)

posted by erin @ dfmi designs on November 19, 2011 at 6:33pm
view erin @ dfmi designs's profile