Amy's "Creative Space" Room

Creative Space

Name:

Amy

Portland, Oregon

Division:

West

Colors Used

"Squash" by Beher on the walls and "Flagstone" by Martha Stewart on the trim.

Color Inspiration

This little room off our bedroom is where our closet lives, plus it functions as my office. Part of my job involves working from home here in rainy Portland, and I wanted a space that felt creative, lively, and bright.... a space where I would want to hang out and work.

Color Tips

I tend to pay attention to the colors in my wardrobe and to color combinations that my eyes are drawn to in the world around me. I like to bring paint swatches into the room I'm going to paint and look at them at different times of day... and then trust my instinct.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (10)

Ah shucks, thanks you guys!

posted by bundallow on November 8, 2011 at 10:07pm
view bundallow's profile

I was struck by the artwork too--particularly the man and woman piece. You are talented!

posted by bellsonhopi on November 8, 2011 at 11:13am
view bellsonhopi's profile

LOVE that rocking chair and the way the wall color complements the wood tones so well.

posted by ashley.c.cline on November 7, 2011 at 9:03am
view ashley.c.cline's profile

this "squash" color is fantastic

posted by ashk on November 7, 2011 at 4:12pm
view ashk's profile

This room is so sweet and I can completely see the logic of your choices--making it a sunny, creative place. I really like the blues in combination with that intense yellow-orange.

posted by bellsonhopi on November 7, 2011 at 5:28pm
view bellsonhopi's profile

Uh....

posted by quiltmaster on November 7, 2011 at 7:40pm
view quiltmaster's profile

LOVE that painting of the man and woman. Where did you get that? Any history on it?

posted by MamaHolt on November 7, 2011 at 9:35pm
view MamaHolt's profile

Its such a cute & warm room. Made me smile to look at it. I have a rocking chair also. Yours is very nice.

posted by Jax217 on November 8, 2011 at 11:11am
view Jax217's profile

Thanks for the nice compliments! I really like this little room, and it makes me happy that some of you do too! The mixed media artwork of a couple sitting is one I made, inspired by an old photograph I found in an antique shop. The large framed artwork is by my awesome friend Theo: http://thoughtcloudfactory.com/factory/index.html. And the "Imagination is a Powerful Tool" poster is by Joe Chin-Quee, and is part of the very cool "Advice to Sink in Slowly" project in the UK: http://advicetosinkinslowly.net

posted by bundallow on November 8, 2011 at 10:48am
view bundallow's profile

Oh! And the rocking chair was a craigslist find and was handmade in Montana.

posted by bundallow on November 8, 2011 at 10:55am
view bundallow's profile