Name:

Sarah

Chicago, Illinois

Division:

North

Colors Used

Chartreuse, teals, orange, yellows, olive, wood

Color Inspiration

The smaller pillows on the center of the couch I thrifted in college and have only recently decided to use as a focal point and inspiration. This palette seemed to come together seamlessly when my boyfriend and I moved in together and combined furniture. I wanted to go for a modern, masculine approach and tended to put what I already had that supported this in the room.

Color Tips

Don't be ashamed or afraid to gravitate to the colors that make you happy. Look for new ways of using colors you love. Use color on small things and in small ways to make a big impact so that it won't be too much of a financial burden if you change your mind. And spray paint is your best friend!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (6)

Pantone #631 is nice. I think it would be great with both the couch and chair, and I think it should match the pillows. It would look good with the light in the room too, plus this color just makes me happy:) Is it going to be an accent wall or the whole room?

posted by katie_Bee on November 3, 2011 at 1:09pm
view katie_Bee's profile

#14 should win this contest. It has great colors, but could use some more color, interest on the walls.

posted by Pam, the mom on November 3, 2011 at 8:33pm
view Pam, the mom's profile

I love the little robin's egg blue radio! Where is it from?

posted by Brandi-FOW on November 4, 2011 at 10:13am
view Brandi-FOW's profile

Very nice! I love your yellow chair and the sign above your couch is super cool too!

posted by erin @ dfmi designs on November 5, 2011 at 2:57pm
view erin @ dfmi designs's profile

The radio is from Target many years ago, it still works! The painting above the couch is by a friend Chris Kelly: http://jumpthecity.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the feedback y'all!

posted by Sarah Montgomery on November 7, 2011 at 11:12am
view Sarah Montgomery's profile

Hi, love your place. Two questions. Where did you find the rubber ducky chair and can you elaborate on "spray paint is your best friend"? Did you spray paint any of the items featured? Thanks!

posted by hurnsays on November 15, 2011 at 10:21pm
view hurnsays's profile