Name:

Lynn

Fairport, New York

Division:

East

Colors Used

Mustard yellow, brown, black.

Color Inspiration

Bath gets great light all day. wanted a golden glow pop to warm up chilly winter days and as a backdrop for my b/w silhouette collection. I made the brown gingham sink and shower curtains to fit with the sort of turn of the century male vibe to the bath.

Color Tips

Think of all the rooms together as a whole. If you want flow consider the same hue but different colors if you want each room to stand on its own than no rules. I personally wanted flow so chose the same grayed out hues but different colors.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (14)

this is wonderful!

posted by abigailbelle on November 7, 2011 at 1:45pm
view abigailbelle's profile

Great to see another bathroom in this competition... They're generally such difficult spaces to work. I LOVE the use of mustard yellow in a bathroom... a refreshing departure from the ubiquitous soft blue and seashell nonsense. I think we're all a bit over the "vintage silhouette" thing by now, but it is actually appropriate and beautiful with your antique furniture and as a clever nod to the reflections one would normally see in the absent mirror above the sink. Well done!

posted by joseph23 on November 4, 2011 at 9:21am
view joseph23's profile

Ditto the comment above. Perfect!

posted by katydid1 on November 4, 2011 at 12:03pm
view katydid1's profile

What's going on with the flooring around the toilet?

posted by macbride on November 4, 2011 at 12:12pm
view macbride's profile

I love that you made the shower curtain and the sink curtain! Your bathroom is really lovely and different. Refreshing!

posted by Appy on November 4, 2011 at 12:44pm
view Appy's profile

My favorite bathroom! Love the silhouette and how you put the mirror on the other wall! Such a charming bathroom!

posted by HouseOnClintonAve on November 4, 2011 at 1:02pm
view HouseOnClintonAve's profile

I love bathrooms that feel like a real, inviting, cozy room. One that your guests might spend a little time in, poking around. Also love the silhouettes - they don't look trendy here, they're classic.

posted by tmoore on November 4, 2011 at 1:52pm
view tmoore's profile

I agree with just about all of the comments above, including the one about the title being a little off-putting for a bathroom! But that doesn't really matter--the room itself is great. So nice to have that lovely window too (glad to see curtains tucked behind--important when the toilet is in view of the street).

posted by bellsonhopi on November 4, 2011 at 2:01pm
view bellsonhopi's profile

In older homes sometimes the toilets sit on marble slabs. Well, mine does at least. Possibly that's what we see around the toilet?

posted by WelcomeReality on November 4, 2011 at 3:16pm
view WelcomeReality's profile

I love the silhouette images, along with how they're arranged! I certainly plan on using these silhouettes as inspiration for a Christmas gift I'm making my parents. Beautifully done guys.

posted by CT Hankins on November 5, 2011 at 12:32am
view CT Hankins's profile

Very, very nice!

posted by junklover on November 9, 2011 at 5:57pm
view junklover's profile

so cute and charming!

posted by sesteadman88 on November 10, 2011 at 9:21pm
view sesteadman88's profile

I never thought I would envy a yellow bathroom this much.

posted by LizU on November 12, 2011 at 9:46pm
view LizU's profile

I like this a lot. My new bathroom is a very similar color and I made the mistake of painting the vanity white to try to open up the very teeny space. Looking at this makes me wish that I stuck with the brown instead.

posted by Birdiefan1 on November 20, 2011 at 9:50pm
view Birdiefan1's profile