Name:

Courtney Allison

Atlanta, Georgia

Division:

South

Colors Used

Mirage Lake by Behr

Color Inspiration

As long as I can remember, I've always wanted a dark teal colored space and finally had a room appropriate to use it in. I wanted a really beautiful, rich color that would give a nice amount of contrast from the various wood tones of the furniture and hardwood floors as well as the bits of chrome and nickel accents throughout the room.

Color Tips

Find colors that will enhance the contents of your room. Not everything needs to match, but to work well together, is very important. Also, using various shades is a great way to implement color.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (11)

Best way to cool down an over abundance of wood furniture YET!

posted by Judochop on November 4, 2011 at 9:40am
view Judochop's profile

I like this, but would probably choose to accent the teal with one or two additional colors, so it doesn't feel so stark. Bringing in a little of that green that shows through the open doorway would probably work well. It would also make for a nice transition between rooms.

posted by RowRowRow on November 3, 2011 at 11:36am
view RowRowRow's profile

Absolute love this. I have been looking for a blue to go in my living room and I might have to try this one out.

posted by Kgraham86 on November 3, 2011 at 2:48pm
view Kgraham86's profile

Beautiful color and I love how it plays up against the green dining room.

posted by fdixon on November 3, 2011 at 3:22pm
view fdixon's profile

I love dark wood and turquoise... and I LOVE this living room!!

posted by cptnruthless on November 3, 2011 at 3:33pm
view cptnruthless's profile

Love the color, but I must ask, where did you get your TV stand with the narrow legs?

posted by MollyBrown on November 3, 2011 at 7:19pm
view MollyBrown's profile

I have a similar pallette in my living room, so of course I'm drawn to this one. :) I have some pink & orange accents that really pop against the turquoise walls (mine are Benjamin Moore Blue Spa).

posted by mimi2856 on November 3, 2011 at 10:23pm
view mimi2856's profile

Thanks so much folks! To answer your questions so far:

@RowRowRow - Good ideas! I have thought about maybe doing an accent wall and changing out some of the throw pillows to add some more color - I just moved into this house 3 months ago, so we're still adjusting.

@Kgraham86, cptnruthless, & mimi2856 - Thank you!

@fdixon - You can see more of the whole house on my blog, http://www.musingsandnonsense.com if you want to see more of the colors we used.

@MollyBrown - Thanks! We bought it from West Elm back in 2007, so unfortunately, I don't think they carry them anymore. It was called the "Modern Media Console".

posted by cabrown on November 3, 2011 at 10:35pm
view cabrown's profile

Gorgeous room AND you're watching Psych - will you be my friend?

posted by minuet42 on November 4, 2011 at 9:00am
view minuet42's profile

i am most curious about your TV stand. can you give me a source on it, please??

posted by redstripe78 on November 4, 2011 at 2:11pm
view redstripe78's profile

oops! sorry! i didn't open your response to see it's from west elm. disregard, please.

posted by redstripe78 on November 4, 2011 at 2:12pm
view redstripe78's profile