Richard and Megan's "Urban Cottage Blue" Room

Urban Cottage Blue

Name:

Richard and Megan

New York, New York

Division:

East

Colors Used

Blue, white, cream and touches of yellow.

Color Inspiration

My settee that I had to have inspired the rest of the kitchen colors.

Color Tips

Try to pick colors for your home that look good on you, you are going to wear them every day!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (9)

Fantastic little banquet area! I love the upholstery choice!

posted by laurabellk on October 31, 2011 at 2:19pm
view laurabellk's profile

Love it! I love your "objects" - where did you get the white bowl with the drippy faded colors? BTW- I have that same owl - no wonder I like your aesthetics ;) Favorited!

posted by MartieMartie on October 31, 2011 at 6:13pm
view MartieMartie's profile

I love this space. It's so bright, and the art seems to intuitively refer to the timelessness of a space like this- modest, clean, and hospitable. You CAN in fact eat at that table with those chairs, ps.

Also, I have that same owl, but I keep my umbrella in it at my front door!

Thanks for sharing.

posted by brooklynindiana on October 31, 2011 at 7:50pm
view brooklynindiana's profile

A very bright a cheery space. I would love to know where you got the owl vase. Thanks for sharing!

posted by Tracy333 on October 31, 2011 at 8:49pm
view Tracy333's profile

Fresh and lovely. And yes, where did you get that white bowl with the drippy colors and the owl vase? I love the grouping of pictures above the settee. Could you tell me about the blue and white picture with the couple strolling in front of what appears to be their mansion?

posted by peggybelle on November 2, 2011 at 10:18pm
view peggybelle's profile

Hi, thanks for commenting everyone. The drippy bowl was on sale at Anthroplogie a few years ago. The owl vase is a bit smaller than the owl umbrella stand, and I got the owl vase at Home Goods for a steal. The flowers are real, but when I don't have the flowers in the owl vase, I have a bright canary gold porcelain jar with lid that goes in the middle of the table full o'cookies. The blue and white picture is hand stitched and vintage, it was purchased at the Chelsea Flea Market.

posted by SmykoDesign on November 3, 2011 at 2:12pm
view SmykoDesign's profile

You get my vote. Really nice banquet area and artwork. Classy.

posted by bejeweled on November 8, 2011 at 9:33pm
view bejeweled's profile

I love your color so much. pls create more such things for us. tks

posted by Green Tea Latte on November 9, 2011 at 4:17am
view Green Tea Latte's profile

I love the cozy yet modern feel of this room and your picture arrangement! Definitely a favorite of mine! I think the plastic white chairs are a bit large/clunky for the room though.
~Gwen
http://www.chloeswindow.etsy.com

posted by Gwen from ChloesWindow on November 21, 2011 at 12:07am
view Gwen from ChloesWindow's profile