Allison's "Carnelian Calypso" Room

Carnelian Calypso

Name:

Allison

Seattle, Washington

Division:

West

Colors Used

Caribbean Green Behr paint with Decorators white. Material accents in gray and a rustic fall orange.

Color Inspiration

I wanted to use this Caribbean Green on my walls for a guest room that is a bit more unexpected. The rustic orange color is used as an accent color in each room on our main floor, tying the whole house together.

Color Tips

Keep it simple and personal. Don't be afraid to try bold colors on your walls, you can always paint it again!

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (13)

Beautiful colors and an adorable doggie!

posted by peggybelle on November 11, 2011 at 6:22pm
view peggybelle's profile

The dresser adds a lot - bringing the old in with the new!

posted by Greg010 on October 31, 2011 at 1:49pm
view Greg010's profile

Like everything about this except the empty picture frames. I'll just never understand that. Very cute dog.

posted by Kacie3 on October 31, 2011 at 11:43pm
view Kacie3's profile

You're kind of cheating by putting your adorable Swissie in the pictures--how could we NOT vote for that sweet face!? All's fair in love and war, I guess. :) Love your wall color, and bedding!

posted by hyzen on October 31, 2011 at 3:18pm
view hyzen's profile

Super cute! We're working on achieving a similar look in our bedroom with a darker teal and red. I love your blank white frame idea to lighten things up. Well done!
I am a sucker for big dogs and I too am a Seattle-ite so, one vote from this gal!

posted by ckorfi on October 31, 2011 at 3:34pm
view ckorfi's profile

Love the room, but, being owned by a Berner myself, it was the Swissie that made me finally register to comment. Adorable.

posted by Miglet__ on October 31, 2011 at 3:50pm
view Miglet__'s profile

I love the gray accents, it's a subtle accent that makes a bold statement! And yes, that doggy is the sweetest!

posted by mamccorm on October 31, 2011 at 6:07pm
view mamccorm's profile

Perfection!

posted by kbfromlb on October 31, 2011 at 11:12pm
view kbfromlb's profile

It's wonderful! I want to come and stay a while...and I love the dog!

posted by annamy on November 2, 2011 at 6:32pm
view annamy's profile

It looks so cozy and inviting! I love the old dresser too, adds to the warmth of the room, and that puppy just makes the whole look!

posted by kcdew on November 2, 2011 at 7:58pm
view kcdew's profile

Thanks for the sweet dog comments! The dresser is an antique, it was my great Grandmother's dresser, she lived to be 100 years old. It was in my room growing up and I hope someday it will be in my daughters room also.

posted by allisonshay15 on November 3, 2011 at 12:06pm
view allisonshay15's profile

Beautiful and fun use of color! I love it!

posted by erin @ dfmi designs on November 3, 2011 at 6:49pm
view erin @ dfmi designs's profile

I love the contrast of the color combo and that dreamy, glam chandelier. But the placement of the bed...all squished into the corner...throws off the whole room. :(

posted by Reeses902 on November 4, 2011 at 1:50pm
view Reeses902's profile