Name:

LeAnn

Perrysburg, Ohio

Division:

North

Colors Used

Blues, greens, oranges

Color Inspiration

I love orange and it just fits so well with my kitschy mid century modern style.

Color Tips

Keep tweaking it until it works

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (21)

I love this room! I would have chosen a different rug (than the blue round one), but otherwise, this is a fantastic way to use color and the furniture is pretty awesome. The accent wall is great inspiration.

posted by Mama Gigi on October 28, 2011 at 8:55am
view Mama Gigi's profile

Love. Miniature. Schnauzers.

posted by BillyRes on October 28, 2011 at 10:57am
view BillyRes's profile

Awesome lamp.

posted by laneyp on October 28, 2011 at 11:12am
view laneyp's profile

It seems odd to have dining areas at both ends of the same room.

posted by MEBJohnson on October 28, 2011 at 12:30pm
view MEBJohnson's profile

This combination of colors is awesome. This has totally cured a bad case of MCM Fatique Syndrome that I've been afflicted with lately. The use of color has such a refreshing effect.

posted by kbfromlb on October 28, 2011 at 1:15pm
view kbfromlb's profile

I love the room without the schnauzers, but they really put it over the top for me. How cute!!!

posted by Sydney Skelton Simon on October 28, 2011 at 2:32pm
view Sydney Skelton Simon's profile

I also don't understand the two dining areas, but I love the hutch with the wooden table. I don't think I could live in that much blue, but it looks like a place I'd love to visit.

posted by BrianneA on October 28, 2011 at 3:05pm
view BrianneA's profile

Hey everyone....thanks so much for voting for my room. I wanted to explain why we have the two dining areas....we have a very small kitchen with no island and no eating area so the blue chairs and white table is a great space to sit with coffee in the morning and where my husband and I who are now empty nesters can enjoy dinner. The danish modern set is when we have company or for family dinners. This is just something we have recently done. Also, the back wall where the blue chairs and table is has been painted orange. This set up is what works for us!

posted by LeAnn__ on October 28, 2011 at 3:22pm
view LeAnn__'s profile

I'm not usually a fan of mid-century modern, but I absolutely love how you have done this. It makes me feel happy to look at it, and I know it must you as well. Thank you for sharing it!

posted by heirloom on October 28, 2011 at 6:55pm
view heirloom's profile

Gorgeous. I Love this room.

posted by HP Stephanie on October 29, 2011 at 12:38pm
view HP Stephanie's profile

Lovely!

posted by mdeco on October 29, 2011 at 5:49pm
view mdeco's profile

Beautiful! Love this colour combo.

posted by SuzieQtheone on October 30, 2011 at 2:46pm
view SuzieQtheone's profile

i have the same exact set of kitchen table/chairs, same color, everything! what are they? i bought them for a hundred bucks at a vintage furniture store in Nashville and thought that the table and chair bases were replaced, but these look exactly the same. i'm baffled because the pictures on the bottom of the chairs have the same design with different legs. is it kinda like with Eames chairs where you can have different bases with the same seats? thank you.

posted by crazymatilda on October 30, 2011 at 11:24am
view crazymatilda's profile

correction, the chair bases look the same, my table has the same base as the chairs, not like this one.
love the room by the way!

posted by crazymatilda on October 30, 2011 at 11:27am

this room is really fun ! i would love to hang out there :)

posted by pizzapi on October 30, 2011 at 6:51pm
view pizzapi's profile

Hi CrazyMatilda...
The white table is actually IKEA and the chairs I picked up on Craigslist for $100.00 also. The lady who had previously owned them had them recovered three times and this blue was the latest. That's sooo ironic! Thanks for commenting:)

posted by LeAnn__ on October 30, 2011 at 6:58pm
view LeAnn__'s profile

LeAnn, how bizarre! i got a better deal than you, then. the table was included :)))

posted by crazymatilda on October 31, 2011 at 9:18am

Oh my word, where are those Owl prints from ?! Love them!!

posted by iampeas on November 3, 2011 at 3:05pm
view iampeas's profile

Not my style, but I love it...which says a lot when you can accomplish a well put together room and everyone can appreciate it.

posted by bfergie13 on November 3, 2011 at 9:57pm
view bfergie13's profile

The owl prints are from Pier 1.

posted by LeAnn__ on November 4, 2011 at 10:04pm
view LeAnn__'s profile

Great uses of color. I love how the colors are working together.

posted by Tawana Walker on November 13, 2011 at 7:35pm
view Tawana Walker's profile