Daniel's "Eclectic Craftsman" Room

Eclectic Craftsman

Name:

Daniel

Denver, Colorado

Division:

West

Colors Used

Buttery yellow walls, Kwal - Cockatoo Gold (more of an earthy brown) on the window wall, multiple hues of green in the rug, and the hand painted stencils are ICI - Calico (orange) and Kwal - Barbados Green.

Color Inspiration

The palette represents fall harvest colors in contrast to the adjacent living room, which is painted in bright spring colors. The stencils also pay homage to each season in each room. I was careful to choose colors I felt compliment the three adjacent rooms. I like the effect the colors have against one another as you look through the adjoining spaces. I also collect art, much of it is by local artists. The bright jewel tones of several pieces enliven the space. My partner made the oval stained glass, which was the jumping off point for other colorful accents.

Color Tips

Repeat, repeat, repeat. Whether using a single accent or multiple punches of color, repeat color throughout the space. I think of using color as a way to "stitch" various elements of a room together.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (11)

I love that shade of buttery yellow.

posted by junklover on November 9, 2011 at 7:27pm
view junklover's profile

So warm and inviting. Love the stencils and the abstract, curvy stained glass against the brick wall outside.

posted by bellsonhopi on November 2, 2011 at 1:45pm
view bellsonhopi's profile

Wow. That is seriously trend-bucking. Hope you make the finals.

posted by Lisa (Montreal) on November 2, 2011 at 4:24pm
view Lisa (Montreal)'s profile

I like that you considered so carefully how the colors of the different rooms would look against each other through the doorways. Very lovely house.

posted by spaceystacey on November 3, 2011 at 1:42am
view spaceystacey's profile

Not ordinarily a browns person. But the glass, the stencils and the carpet work beautifully in this place.

posted by austere on November 3, 2011 at 6:40am
view austere's profile

OMG that rug is fantastic - where did you get it? Everything in the room works so well but the rug is perfect!!!

posted by andrea s on November 3, 2011 at 12:42pm
view andrea s's profile

I second Andrea's question - that carpet is GORGEOUS!

posted by rouquinne on November 3, 2011 at 5:46pm
view rouquinne's profile

Thanks everyone. I bought the rug from Home Decorators catalog. Believe it or not it has been down for at least 10 years.

posted by dmstudio on November 4, 2011 at 8:34am
view dmstudio's profile

These rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The colors work extremely well together; the rug is exceptional. I love the way everything is so neatly placed. Quite the loved spaces!

posted by Aurora T. on November 9, 2011 at 11:00am
view Aurora T.'s profile

I love craftsman style but it can be dark, you've done a wonderful job of keeping it light and modern and still keeping what is so fabulous about the style!

posted by andreainmaine on November 9, 2011 at 1:33pm
view andreainmaine's profile

Craftsman feel but modern. Liked your stenciling.

posted by ricitosdeplata on December 26, 2011 at 6:27am
view ricitosdeplata's profile