Name:

Michelle

Madison, Wisconsin

Division:

North

Colors Used

Green, gray, brown, white, black

Color Inspiration

I love gray as a neutral, especially when I have an affinity for the brown of hardwood floors and the 70s/80s accessories that reflect my home as a kid. Green has always been my favorite color (I even had a green polka-dotted car for years). I like my living space to feel clean, warm, and bright and I think this combination of colors is great for that.

Color Tips

I often start with one things I love and stem from that. In this case it was a Target bedspread, mostly greenish black and white with delightful green trim. That had to be central and the rest, including the pillow my mom made me, just fell into place.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (9)

I like the idea of this color combo, and the room looks cute, but the greens aren't really coming through, at least not on my monitor . . .

posted by bellsonhopi on October 27, 2011 at 12:40pm
view bellsonhopi's profile

What color gray did you use for your walls? I'm on a quest for a good gray paint for my living room and, at least on the monitor, this looks like it might work?

posted by ramblingirl on October 27, 2011 at 4:21pm
view ramblingirl's profile

would also love to know the brand and color of the gray paint.

posted by jubilee1818 on October 27, 2011 at 4:47pm
view jubilee1818's profile

Can we see the rest of the apartment? Love this.

posted by heyimanna on October 27, 2011 at 5:02pm
view heyimanna's profile

Where in Madison do you live? I'd love to find an apartment here like yours with radiators and French doors!

posted by omoriala on October 27, 2011 at 11:00pm
view omoriala's profile

Where is the green?

posted by suzy8track on October 28, 2011 at 3:59pm
view suzy8track's profile

Hey, we're chair twins. I have that metal one with the wood handles and the grey fabric, my boyfriend and I got it at the Goodwill and it absolutely broke his heart that he couldn't get it back to the UK with him, he says it is the best chair he has ever sat in. I'm glad to know it has brothers out there who are as appreciated as this one!

posted by Holler on October 28, 2011 at 8:01pm
view Holler's profile

I guess the green is just the painted furniture, but I don't really see it as the dominant color.

posted by BrianneA on October 28, 2011 at 8:24pm
view BrianneA's profile

Your home is lovely. I don't think the light came through in your photos very well. If it had I think you'd have LOT more votes. Very soothing space.

posted by MamaHolt on October 29, 2011 at 8:30pm
view MamaHolt's profile