Name:

Ashley

West Sacramento, California

Division:

West

Colors Used

Eggplant Purple, Deep Blue, and Tan/Taupe

Color Inspiration

Our master bedroom is a true explosion of my husband and my color personalities. When starting this room, we had a blank slate. We immediately gravitated towards rich blue walls since blue is a color favorite for both of us. Once we established a blue/neutral palette, it was time to add a beautiful and bold accent color. We took a nod from our wedding and added “eggplant-toned” purple! Watching the room evolve on a very limited budget has been amazing! While it’s going to continue to evolve, we are head over heels for the results!

Color Tips

Pick colors that make you happy! At the end of the day, this is your space and it has to reflect you! Once you pick your favorite colors, find ways to mix them so that they compliment each other and don't conflict- you can achieve this by varying tones and amounts of each color.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (10)

It's just 5 different views of the bed. Looks like the room is probably nice, but who can tell?

posted by AnastasiaBeaverhausen on November 14, 2011 at 10:08am
view AnastasiaBeaverhausen's profile

Despite the sad lack of good photos, I'm voting for this because it's beautiful.

posted by kassgood on November 14, 2011 at 3:05pm
view kassgood's profile

Would sure like to see the chair to the right of the bed!

posted by LoveDecor on November 14, 2011 at 5:01pm
view LoveDecor's profile

hey guys, a FULL TOUR can be found at my blog! Totally wish I could've share more pictures here!

posted by Design Build Love on November 14, 2011 at 6:31pm
view Design Build Love's profile

This is a very soothing and tranquil color scheme for a bedroom. So restful.

posted by casacasa on November 14, 2011 at 10:59pm
view casacasa's profile

I think everything that's already in this room is gorgeous, but I would also love to see some window treatments-- I feel like some nice curtains would really ground the look.

posted by e53 on November 15, 2011 at 1:56pm
view e53's profile

Thanks for the extra pics- a very lovely bedroom! Again, pity that the pics here are so limited.

posted by AnastasiaBeaverhausen on November 15, 2011 at 5:58pm
view AnastasiaBeaverhausen's profile

I have these walls in my bedroom and I was trying to decide what colors to add, I never thought of purple, it is so pretty.

posted by ansmithgie on November 16, 2011 at 7:23am
view ansmithgie's profile

Some of the pics on your blog would have worked great for the CONTEST.

posted by mellowhome on November 18, 2011 at 12:16pm
view mellowhome's profile

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback everyone! In retrospect, I would have done the pictures differently. But, I'm glad you all are enjoying the room in the meantime! :) I know I'm loving a bunch of the spaces in the contest!

posted by Design Build Love on November 18, 2011 at 5:28pm
view Design Build Love's profile