Name:

Jamie

Stuart, Florida

Division:

South

Colors Used

Dolphin Fin (gray) and Frosted Jade (muted aqua) both by Behr

Color Inspiration

We live near the ocean and I wanted to incorporate ocean colors and the color of the pool without looking too cliche beach-y. This is my first grown up dining room where I actually picked the furniture and not relied on hand-me-downs. As soon as I saw the buffet from West Elm, I knew that would be my starting piece and I was glad that it was white since the artwork and accessories are colorful. We recently found the 1960s dining set at a thrift store for $150. I swear I die every time my eyes lay on it in the morning. It makes my heart flutter.

Color Tips

I love color. I love color so much sometimes it ends up looking like a fun house. About 3 years ago, I purchased a white ceramic elephant and it looked so great that I remember "why don't I buy white accessories more often? It sure calms the place down a little." My best tip is to use color! THEN, incorporate white and other neutrals into your space. It will take you from crazy rainbow fanatic to a grown up Rainbow Brite.

favorites
Favoriting and voting have ended.

Comments (3)

I think your self-restraint paid off! The color is nicely balanced, and the effect is very soothing and clean-looking. This is a sophisticated take on beach decor.

posted by flamingogirl on November 1, 2011 at 11:04am
view flamingogirl's profile

Though the colors are not bold, I love this room. It has a very calming effect and does truly remind me of the ocean

posted by cliokitty on November 1, 2011 at 3:47pm
view cliokitty's profile

wonderful room. it has life and cheerfulness. good energy!

posted by kassgood on November 11, 2011 at 5:32pm
view kassgood's profile